TN: 2007 Arcadian Jill’s Cuvée Pinot Noir

Beautiful nose of underbrush, roses, and bright cherry fruit. Richer and more opulent than most Arcadians, with lovely sweet red fruit with good balancing acidity. Still relatively primary, so may pick up some more secondary notes with more bottle time.

2007 Arcadian Pinot Noir Jill’s Cuvée - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (8/20/2020)
– decanted 2 hrs before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 7 hours –
– 3.41 pH; 6.1 g/L TA –

NOSE: expressive; very ripe, dark red fruits; oak; somewhat fumey; seems “big”.

BODY: violet-garnet color of medium-deep depth; medium-full bodied.

TASTE: definitely ripe, but still has adequate acidity; nice little savory/garrigue aspect on the finish; medium to medium+ oak – more than I usually perceive on Arcadian Pinots; 13.5% alc. not noticeable; ripe, big, and somewhat loose for an Arcadian Pinot, but still pleasant. 100% Solomon Hills vineyard fruit. Drink Now or Hold. Gut impression score: 90.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up Brian, sounds like a very similar impression we both had.

I thought the same when I found and read your note, Jud. [cheers.gif]

4.5 years since I opened my last one. Popped and poured at cellar temp. Still quite dark color, no bricking. Beautiful rose petals, dark earth and rich black cherry fruit on a fragrant nose.
Not quite as dynamic on the palate. Nice peppery black cherry fruit on the attack, good balance of fruit and acid on the finish but just a touch dilute in the mid palate. Maybe time to drink up.

1 Like