TN: 2018 Kelley Fox Wines Chardonnay Lark Block Durant Vineyard

• 2018 Kelley Fox Wines Chardonnay Lark Block Durant Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (10/6/2019)
    Kelley Fox makes a Chard? Yes Please! While very, very young, I was suprised at the early accessibility. An immediate impact of richness hits the palate, but being 100% in neutral French oak and a KF creation, it perfectly hits my wine brain. With air time and 2.5 glasses later, the back half was very smart and tactile, with a cleansing mineral wake. Priced well enough to pull the cork now, but I bet 5 years will really see this develop. Well done. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks! I just bought some of this. Looking forward to trying it. Exploring some Oregon Chardonnay.

Wise purchase Don, and what did it set you back, $40? OR Chardonnay is simply on fire right now with so many excellent options at $25 to $70. I know a lot of producers are getting Chard love here, W. Scott, Good Fellow, Cameron etc, but one i think that is under the radar, but have making quality Chards for quite some time is the BrickHouse Cascadia - the Excellent 16 can be had for $31 - crazy value.

Trying not to buy wine, but this bottle piqued my interest as I really enjoyed her Pinot Blancs (and Pinot Noirs). May have to procure 1-2 bottles.

Agree that Brickhouse Cascadia is very good stuff, but for me not in the tier of other producers you mentioned.

tried this from barrel this spring at the winery. very delicious. crisp and clean and pure but not lacking for richness as well. Im yet to try a Kelley fox wine that I haven’t loved.

Dale,

Sounds like the exact type of chardonnay I’d expect the lovely Kelley Fox to make. Can’t wait to get my bottles from you! Just drank the 2018 Barbie PB on Sunday night and it was gorgeous. I can honestly say I’m smitten with KF wines and look forward to drinking any of them, anytime!