TN: 2014 Di Costanzo Cabernet Sauvignon Farella Vineyard

This was terrific and even better with the Veal chop my wife and I shared. I’ll let my others sleep a bit more but Massimo really hits my sweet spot for Napa Cab.

• 2014 Di Costanzo Cabernet Sauvignon Farella Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Coombsville (10/6/2019)
    I brought to dinner and decanted about 45 minutes. This wine is still young and has deep primary notes of blackcurrant and dark fruit. It’s seemless, silky and somewhat lightweight on the palate. The dark fruit and currant notes standout along with some cedar and earth tones. Everything is balanced by nice acidity and it has a long persistent finish. It’s excellent right now but I think it will peak in 3 years or so and pick up another point or 2. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Nice note. Thank you. I need to try more of these wines.

I just had this bottle at Del Friscos in Boston with my wife and agree, this wine is really good glad I have a few in the cellar.

Good to hear you had a similiar experience Bob. I’ve enjoyed the 13 and 14 and have 15 and 16 at home. I’ll be doing a tasting soon and will post back on the wines we taste.

Time to check in on another bottle. This is still somewhat young and needs a solid 2 hour decant. Really classical expression of Napa Cabernet. It has everything in balance with some fine polished tannin that are still pretty evident. No rush to drink but very good with a decant. Needed to pair this with a nice rib eye and will make sure to next time.