Treasury Wine Sale

Hi, First post so please be gentle. Treasury Wines is having a significant sale, seems to be the friends and family event they do twice a year. Prices are mixed, 40-60% off in many cases. Good deals on Beringer and BV cabs. I don’t have an account with them so I could not order but I thought I would post so it would benefit someone.

Sorry I forgot to post a link. I could not confirm if this is live or not since I am not a member of this. If it is live, can someone invite me as their guest? My email is delaverg@yahoo.com. If its not live, please let me know and i will delete this post.

https://www.treasurywineevent.com/index.cfm?method=homepage.showpage

2015 Beringer Reserve Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Certainly not a deal as they want over $40 on their discount while others around the county are at $33. These deals have never been good deals!

Agree that the 2015 Beringer KV Reserve for over $40. Do you remember who had it for $33?

A few interesting ones on Treasury sale are the Chateau St. Jean 2015 45th anniversary Cabernet for $30. Also 2013 Sterling Reserve Platinum Cab for around $34 might be interesting. 2013 Sterling Diamond Mountain for 60% off could also be another option.

1 Like

50% off overpriced isn’t much of a sale.

50% off overpriced isn’t much of a sale.

Yes could find nothing interesting or price right.

Agree that the 2015 Beringer KV Reserve for over $40. Do you remember who had it for $33?

Just do wine searcher

Numerous years ago I picked up a case of Wolf Blass black label for like 15 bucks a bottle. That was a very solid get in my opinion.

Got a case of Beringer Nightingale a few years ago at $10/bottle, that was a screaming deal.

Their sale had some decent deals several years ago however in the last couple of years I have not seen any real bargains or for that matter anything below what you can but it for at other retailers.

Agreed. 2-3, perhaps more years ago, the deals were quite good. Now they are ok, but if you find a sale at a grocery store, it is usually better. It used to be harder to get into the sale, so I think they are going more for volume now than true exclusivity. A REAL ‘friends and family’ sale event is sent privately, and the deals are usually great. This has gone too public, in my opinion. We used to buy a case of Beringer Knights Valley cab (as it’s one of Jen’s favorite for daily Cab drinkers) but lately it’s not been as good as it used to, and the sale price isn’t all that great.

Welcome to the board Hughes. Thank you for passing on the tip.

Bump for Xmas sale.

Provenance to kalon for $43 a bottle?

Is this worth a shot?

Provenance To Kalon certainly isn’t a very good example of To Kalon but not a huge risk at $43 a bottle.

I thought you meant Zachy’s. neener

dh

Thanks, I took a flyer.

This sale was great when there used to be Bancroft Merlot’s and the such from the late 80s and the 90s. Even some of the old St. Clement wines.

It’s always been about finding the one or two gems at a value price and I’ve only found one or two a year. Patience and a good eye pays off.

2012 provenance to kalon

This was a good buy, pop and pour. Well integrated oak, not overpowering at all. Very smooth, no trace of heat. Has some Rutherford dust notes in it. Long finish, this is drinking pretty well right now may have a couple more years left in it.

Certainly not worth the 180 retail but certainly a bargain at $43

Nick sounds like a solid at that price.