TN: 2007 Ramonet Batard Montrachet

I still have some Ramonet Batard from when it barely cost three digits. Now, unfortunately for buyers, it’s closing in on 4 digit pricing. Went to Chez Panisse last night before the Van Morrison concert and brought this bottle.

The wine shined, unbelievably so. Right out of the gate, the power and depth were staggering. Very little mint, but incredible layers of citrus essence and minerals, density with lightness that belied its power, almost painful on palate, infinite length. It was so young, will flower over the next two decades, just head spinning in quality. Probably one of the best wines of the year so far. I’m running out of adjectives and superlatives—just superb.

Great wine and note. I had the 2008 Ramonet Batard last month and it was terrific as well.

WOW Doc…one hell of a trifecta there! [thumbs-up.gif]

Are you sure about the price ?
( i see around 450€ in france)
Else i tasted last year, batard 2005 and it was amazing.

Edit : ok first price 570 exc tva 20%
684€

Edit : i prefer chevalier montrachet

Ramonet Montrachet is great, but how was Van? Use the word “floral” so this doesn’t get kicked to the Asylum.

Van was great—filled the Greek and captured everyone. Showcased great guitarists and he played guitar, sax, harmonica as well as great vocals.

Wine-searcher has 07 Ramonet BM at $900+. New vintages are $500-600.

Sweet night my friend. Well done.

Awesome wine Alan…you forgot kaleidoscopic.

Sounds killer.

Van and Ram. Nice combo.

Damn.