TN: 2016 Foradori Sgarzon Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT

• 2016 Foradori Sgarzon Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT - Italy, Trentino-Alto Adige, Vigneti delle Dolomiti IGT (10/5/2019)
    Decanted 6 hrs. The first thing that jumped out to me was the contrast between the dark, intense looking deep red ‘ to the actual palate impact - it was light, almost buoyant, very fresh, and tasty! In fact, if served this in a black glass blind, I’m pretty sure I might have guessed this was a white. Delicate strawberry tones, gentle touch of spice, elegant, great ratio of acidity to fruit. Loved the unique experience - loved the wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yup, Dale…Elisabetta Foradori is the master of Teroldego. Her Teroldegos tend to have a certain livliness to them that I love,
yet are serious reds w/ great depth.
Tom

Right there with ya Tom. Fun back story on why I bought these - my better half who mainly rides my coat tales on the wines we drink, was adamant that I get her some Foradori. I did a quick double take as these are squarely in the wine nerds domain, where did she get this intel from? There is a show called ‘The Wine Show’ that had segment on Elisabetta and Foradori (season 1 episode 10) It was a terrific piece and the show is actually a lot of fun to watch for both a Berserker and novice alike.

Yup, Dale…Elisabetta is a charming lady & I can understand how she’d resonate w/ your wife. I’ve not seen the show (have no TV).
I did a visit w/ her several yrs ago there in Mezzacorona. I took a Harrington Teroldego to share with her. She thought it was a
pretty good expression of Teroldego…“but not as good as mine” she hastened to add!!
Her white (Nosiola) is also excellent.
Tom

Another wine and winemaker I’m excited about. Sounds like I need to pop one right away!