wine and spirits being aged decade+ should use organic

I’m trying to get into scotch, I’m the last person I’d imagine ever enjoying scotch or anything for that mattered not mixed down, but someone gave me a dram of Lagavulin 16 year old and I was impressed by the smokey taste and have been learning about scotch etc.

So basically, wine, spirits, anything that’s going to be aged 10 years or more sometimes 20 years, the older the better, Eventually I think it’s going to come to the point where Organic produce is cheaper and much more available and mainstream, and so they’ll have these bottles from decades before but it’s not organic and so it might be worth almost nothing to the general public.

Personally I can’t even enjoy wine because I know how hard it has been for my own concord grape trees to produce without ‘mummy grapes’ which are easily killed and need fungicide etc etc in order to produce without fungal problems which is how most commercial wine is made.

Maybe wine and especially spirits are distilled so much that the pesticides are removed, but maybe they are simply preserved by the alcohol.

there are some organic whiskeys, beers, wines etc, but are few and far between, it just seems off to me that if they’re trying to make something special and age it for 15+ years they should future proof now and use organic, the price of final product can surely take the % more it cost for them to use organic grain/fruit etc now.

Wtf

Is this an NXIVM recruitment?

And that… just happened.

+1

Exceptionally well put.

The Aflac duck comes to mind

That post put The Big Hurt on my head.

Mr. Thomas,

You seem to be either inebriated or completely off the rails.

Welcome, Big Hurt!