Fait-Main En Primeur 2017

Today I got the email from them;

Dear Panos,

I am pleased to announce the imminent new release of the stunning 2017 vintage from Fait-Main – which includes our very first offering from the McMahon Fulldraw Vineyard in Paso Robles. Only 43 cases were produced !!!

Please save the date for your exclusive, “en primeur” release opportunity: October 8th, 2019. Your personalized allocation will be available until October 14, 2019. First come, first served principle.

2017 Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

2017 Todeschini Asteria Vineyard Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Cabernet Franc - Merlot

2017 McMahon Fulldraw Vineyard Paso Robles Grenache - Syrah - Mourvèdre

This is a tremendous vintage from all three sites, and I know you will not be disappointed. We will reach out with further details at the start of your “en primeur” release.

As always, thank you for your support.

Amitiés,

I wasn’t aware that American wineries do that. Unless if we consider the Harlan offering as an enprimeur one, which is hardly cheaper than the retail upon release.

Any experience with Fait-Main? Is the enprimeur release cheaper than the offering, do you just make sure that you get the wines? But then isn’t this the same case as a first come, first serve usual offering?

Thank you

newhere

I read so many good reviews so I bought one and after trying it I wasnt impressed at all. Maybe I tried it too young and I needed to hold it longer? I dont know but I dont think I will be buying again.

Had a 13 LPV that was one of the best 5 wines I’ve had this year. Great grapes + great wine maker …

Good to hear your views.

I understand that there is nothing behind the use of the “en primeur” term though. They use it for marketing… it is not going to be another release later on, correct? It is just a normal release on a first come, first served basis (?).

FM wines, for my palate (modern styled Napa without overblown and super extracted quality) is among the best wines out there. My favorite single vineyard is Las Piedras, and Benoit makes an exceptional wine from that site.

That being said, I will be passing on 17’s as I went fairly big on their 16’s, and will be loading up again with the 18’s

Also, for anyone looking to get a good sense of the quality of these wines, seek out either the LPV or Sleeping Lady from the 2014 vintage- Benoit at his finest

Got mine and I hope to enjoy them in the not so distant future champagne.gif

In past years, they have had some wine available post offering that they are happy to sell at roughly $50 more than the en primeur price. I don’t recall exact numbers, but I posted them in another thread earlier this year.

I see, then it makes sense to use the term en primeur, as well to opt in on this release. Thank you!