TN: 2006 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale

• 2006 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (10/3/2019)
    Opaque dark ruby hue. Nose of violets, dark raspberry, Bing cherry, cinnamon, graphite, earth. Exquisite red raspberry and black cherry fruit layered on the palate with fine-grained iron particles and compact earth. Freshening acidity and poised, tongue-massaging tannin. Long finish of elegant red fruit, ferric notes, and slow grip. Wonderful showing, revealing the Chambolle roots of the winemaker. Compelling in its adolescence, exhibiting class in a glass. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thnx Doug, thnx for the note, love this wine too. Only 2 bottles left out of a 6 pack, too delicious…

Brodie

Brodie,

Glad it has shown well for you also. Really quite delicious at age 13, which is young in my experience. But I am not complaining in the least!

Cheers,
Doug

Doug,
That is a great note. Really makes me want to try another soon. I have a couple left from a pack I bought on release…for around $60! Wish I had that chance again. Cheers.

To be fair one of the few top tier burgs that really hasn’t had awful inflation!

Its three figures fairly regularly now, no?

Yes, thanks,

I have a couple of these left myself, also bought on release. Glad to hear the '06’s are showing ok right now. (I heard someone somewhere call it a “sommelier’s vintage,” seemed like a back-handed compliment, though I know what they meant.)

Have seen some recent vintages through garagiste for well under 100…also looks like its well under that in London for 17s. Anyway with burgundy inflation up 70% in 10 years seems decent?

Yeah, no dog in the fight. I hear you. It is a helluva relative value in the burgundy world. That is true.

Dennis, Ethan, Joshua,

Thanks for your replies. I was so excited about a 2006 actually being open that I forgot about the QPR. Yes indeed, a relative bargain.

Cheers,
Doug