Ravenswood library offer

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21016
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#451 Post by Brian Tuite » August 4th, 2020, 6:45 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:22 am
I logged in for fun and it let me buy a case.
Your welcome [wink.gif]
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 2:26 pm
Location: Newtown, PA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#452 Post by AD Northup » August 4th, 2020, 6:58 am

I just looked and I have the option too...decisions decisions (and the signed posters are great)
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

User avatar
Steve Gautier
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1887
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 6:29 am
Location: Malvern, PA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#453 Post by Steve Gautier » August 4th, 2020, 7:10 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:22 am
I logged in for fun and it let me buy a case.
Not sure if I should thank you or curse you. I missed out on the previous offer so I am glad I got in on this one. The good news is since I don’t know what the wines are, it doesn’t increase my pending on CellarTracker.
Good wine is a necessity of life. - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21016
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#454 Post by Brian Tuite » August 4th, 2020, 7:15 am

Steve Gautier wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 7:10 am
D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 6:22 am
I logged in for fun and it let me buy a case.
Not sure if I should thank you or curse you. I missed out on the previous offer so I am glad I got in on this one. The good news is since I don’t know what the wines are, it doesn’t increase my pending on CellarTracker.
You should be emailing Joel before placing out of State orders.

Joel Peterson wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 2:01 pm


Hey Rich and David, et al,
This offer only went to subscribers in California in part because I wasn't sure how a mixed "surprise" case would be received by my subscribers. There are a couple of other issues as well but they are logistical in nature. If you want to get in on this offer, send me or Erika@onceandfuturewine.com an email and we will work something out. Joel
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#455 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 7:33 am

I bought 2 cases. I have previously never had a single Ravenswood before. Figured every wine will be different and fun to try aged wine given my cellar is virtually all <10 years old wine.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40189
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#456 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 4th, 2020, 7:47 am

Nabbed a case as well - missed the last one, and even though I have a buying freeze (yeah, like THOSE ever work!) I had to go for this, as it's not something I can likely get later.
Steve Gautier wrote:Not sure if I should thank you or curse you. I missed out on the previous offer so I am glad I got in on this one. The good news is since I don’t know what the wines are, it doesn’t increase my pending on CellarTracker.
Funny, I thought something similar, although mine was more related to what AM I going to put in CT so I know that these are coming at some point??? Can't have a case pending of something I don't know, so I might just make it 12 bottles of Ravenswood 'regular' Zinfandel, 12 different vintages, and change it when I get the surprise
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: November 11th, 2013, 11:16 am
Location: El Paso

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#457 Post by Jeremy C » August 4th, 2020, 8:10 am

It wasn't clear to me that they are all Zin and given the last release, these may be a mix.
Cuth.bert.son

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21016
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#458 Post by Brian Tuite » August 4th, 2020, 8:19 am

Jeremy C wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:10 am
It wasn't clear to me that they are all Zin and given the last release, these may be a mix.
Joel
Was pretty clear in the email...
Because many of the wines are very limited in quantity, every case will be slightly different. Each case will contain one bottle of the following wines: Sonoma County Cabernet, Sonoma County Merlot, Sonoma County Zinfandel, Sangiacomo Merlot, Barricia or Big River Zinfandel, Cooke Zinfandel, Dickerson Zinfandel, Gregory Cabernet Sauvignon, Pickberry Meritage, Icon, Rancho Salina, and one of a number of vineyard-designated zinfandels that include Old Hill, Canard, Los Chamizal, and Big River. The vintages range from 1983 to 2004, with the majority from the 1990s.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

James Mc
Posts: 223
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#459 Post by James Mc » August 4th, 2020, 8:34 am

Very excited for this, got a case as well. My father was a big ravenswood fan back in the 90’s so figured this would be a cool way to share the experience together, since I have not had the opportunity to have well aged ravenswood.

Obviously depends on what everyone receives, but is your intention to drink the case within the next year or two or continue to lay some of them down longer?
McCormick Seasonings

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#460 Post by David Baum » August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am

I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them

User avatar
Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: November 11th, 2013, 11:16 am
Location: El Paso

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#461 Post by Jeremy C » August 4th, 2020, 9:01 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:19 am
Jeremy C wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:10 am
It wasn't clear to me that they are all Zin and given the last release, these may be a mix.
Joel
Was pretty clear in the email...
Because many of the wines are very limited in quantity, every case will be slightly different. Each case will contain one bottle of the following wines: Sonoma County Cabernet, Sonoma County Merlot, Sonoma County Zinfandel, Sangiacomo Merlot, Barricia or Big River Zinfandel, Cooke Zinfandel, Dickerson Zinfandel, Gregory Cabernet Sauvignon, Pickberry Meritage, Icon, Rancho Salina, and one of a number of vineyard-designated zinfandels that include Old Hill, Canard, Los Chamizal, and Big River. The vintages range from 1983 to 2004, with the majority from the 1990s.
Right, thanks. I hadn't seen that. Was just responding to the comment about listing 12 Zins in CT.
Cuth.bert.son

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#462 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 9:02 am

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
David did you like all 6? Excited to drink all of these in the near future. Agree, that's what's fun about buying such an aged release.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: November 11th, 2013, 11:16 am
Location: El Paso

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#463 Post by Jeremy C » August 4th, 2020, 9:03 am

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
I think it depends on the vintages offered. The first release were older wines, I believe.
Cuth.bert.son

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#464 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 9:16 am

Jeremy C wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:03 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
I think it depends on the vintages offered. The first release were older wines, I believe.
This is same vintages just less of each available so they are doing it by mixed case. Most are 90's. That's a pretty aged wine.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#465 Post by David Baum » August 4th, 2020, 9:18 am

MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:02 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
David did you like all 6? Excited to drink all of these in the near future. Agree, that's what's fun about buying such an aged release.
I enjoyed them all but some far more than others. The 2 94 Petit Sirah were the stars. Had some 93 (Dickerson and Chamizal) and 99 Zins (Big River) that were interesting to drink and good but not what Id consider great. I liked the Dickerson best. Every bottle was in good shape and none were flawed.

People that store wine know there is an annual cost to doing so. A friend that took the time to calculate it once pegged it around $2/year per bottle. Average price on these 20+ year old wines is under $40. That makes them essentially free as I didnt have to store them. [cheers.gif]

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#466 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 9:24 am

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:18 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:02 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
David did you like all 6? Excited to drink all of these in the near future. Agree, that's what's fun about buying such an aged release.
I enjoyed them all but some far more than others. The 2 94 Petit Sirah were the stars. Had some 93 (Dickerson and Chamizal) and 99 Zins (Big River) that were interesting to drink and good but not what Id consider great. I liked the Dickerson best. Every bottle was in good shape and none were flawed.

People that store wine know there is an annual cost to doing so. A friend that took the time to calculate it once pegged it around $2/year per bottle. Average price on these 20+ year old wines is under $40. That makes them essentially free as I didnt have to store them. [cheers.gif]
Yah, I am looking into off site storage and it's about $2/year/bottle to store wine in San Diego. That's a great way to look at it. The wine is free!
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1369
Joined: November 11th, 2013, 11:16 am
Location: El Paso

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#467 Post by Jeremy C » August 4th, 2020, 9:40 am

MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:16 am
Jeremy C wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:03 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
I think it depends on the vintages offered. The first release were older wines, I believe.
This is same vintages just less of each available so they are doing it by mixed case. Most are 90's. That's a pretty aged wine.
The email states that the vintages include up to 2004. Not sure what the breakout is. But yes, it appears that the majority will be nicely aged.
Cuth.bert.son

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#468 Post by David Baum » August 4th, 2020, 10:06 am

MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:24 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:18 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:02 am


David did you like all 6? Excited to drink all of these in the near future. Agree, that's what's fun about buying such an aged release.
I enjoyed them all but some far more than others. The 2 94 Petit Sirah were the stars. Had some 93 (Dickerson and Chamizal) and 99 Zins (Big River) that were interesting to drink and good but not what Id consider great. I liked the Dickerson best. Every bottle was in good shape and none were flawed.

People that store wine know there is an annual cost to doing so. A friend that took the time to calculate it once pegged it around $2/year per bottle. Average price on these 20+ year old wines is under $40. That makes them essentially free as I didnt have to store them. [cheers.gif]
Yah, I am looking into off site storage and it's about $2/year/bottle to store wine in San Diego. That's a great way to look at it. The wine is free!
Who doesnt love free wine?

Good to know you are in SD. Ive been on Carlsbad/Encinitas border for last 23 years. Got a good group of regulars around town but always love to add new wine friends.

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#469 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 10:07 am

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:06 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:24 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:18 am


I enjoyed them all but some far more than others. The 2 94 Petit Sirah were the stars. Had some 93 (Dickerson and Chamizal) and 99 Zins (Big River) that were interesting to drink and good but not what Id consider great. I liked the Dickerson best. Every bottle was in good shape and none were flawed.

People that store wine know there is an annual cost to doing so. A friend that took the time to calculate it once pegged it around $2/year per bottle. Average price on these 20+ year old wines is under $40. That makes them essentially free as I didnt have to store them. [cheers.gif]
Yah, I am looking into off site storage and it's about $2/year/bottle to store wine in San Diego. That's a great way to look at it. The wine is free!
Who doesnt love free wine?

Good to know you are in SD. Ive been on Carlsbad/Encinitas border for last 23 years. Got a good group of regulars around town but always love to add new wine friends.
In La Jolla. I know nothing about wine besides drinking a lot of it. But you are welcome to come to my "de Negoce" tasting party when we sample 40 or 50 of them, lol.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#470 Post by David Baum » August 4th, 2020, 10:10 am

MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:07 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:06 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:24 am


Yah, I am looking into off site storage and it's about $2/year/bottle to store wine in San Diego. That's a great way to look at it. The wine is free!
Who doesnt love free wine?

Good to know you are in SD. Ive been on Carlsbad/Encinitas border for last 23 years. Got a good group of regulars around town but always love to add new wine friends.
In La Jolla. I know nothing about wine besides drinking a lot of it. But you are welcome to come to my "de Negoce" tasting party when we sample 40 or 50 of them, lol.
We all have to start somewhere. Would love to and of course will bring something good and interesting to share. PM me details when you have them.

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#471 Post by MatthewT » August 4th, 2020, 10:12 am

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:10 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:07 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 10:06 am


Who doesnt love free wine?

Good to know you are in SD. Ive been on Carlsbad/Encinitas border for last 23 years. Got a good group of regulars around town but always love to add new wine friends.
In La Jolla. I know nothing about wine besides drinking a lot of it. But you are welcome to come to my "de Negoce" tasting party when we sample 40 or 50 of them, lol.
We all have to start somewhere. Would love to and of course will bring something good and interesting to share. PM me details when you have them.
Won't be till 2021 for all sorts of reasons, but I think could be a lot of fun.
I'm a Turk

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#472 Post by David Baum » August 4th, 2020, 10:22 am

[cheers.gif] Of course

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#473 Post by Demian Saenz » August 4th, 2020, 10:42 am

Happy I double checked my account. Offered 2 cases but took 1 so someone else could get a case.

Juliec
Posts: 276
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#474 Post by Juliec » August 4th, 2020, 10:50 am

If anyone wants to split a case on the best coast lmk.
hong

Adam G
Posts: 473
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 11:32 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#475 Post by Adam G » August 8th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Tom Chen wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 4:37 pm
Adam G wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 4:15 pm
With a midnight start time, I just hope it lasts until I wake up tomorrow morning.
I asked Erika about that, and she said that while no guarantees, I should be fine ordering in the morning.

While I would have happily stayed up to place the order (still working through the the libary offer, but all wines have been fantastic so far), I am glad I can place the order in the morning.

Tom
As did I, on all counts. Erika gave me the numbers so I could make an educated decision.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Adam G
Posts: 473
Joined: October 4th, 2013, 11:32 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#476 Post by Adam G » August 8th, 2020, 3:30 pm

David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:18 am
MatthewT wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 9:02 am
David Baum wrote:
August 4th, 2020, 8:59 am
I got seven last release. I have one left. I dont see a reason to lay these down. They are ready to drink. Thats the reason to buy them
David did you like all 6? Excited to drink all of these in the near future. Agree, that's what's fun about buying such an aged release.
I enjoyed them all but some far more than others. The 2 94 Petit Sirah were the stars. Had some 93 (Dickerson and Chamizal) and 99 Zins (Big River) that were interesting to drink and good but not what Id consider great. I liked the Dickerson best. Every bottle was in good shape and none were flawed.

People that store wine know there is an annual cost to doing so. A friend that took the time to calculate it once pegged it around $2/year per bottle. Average price on these 20+ year old wines is under $40. That makes them essentially free as I didnt have to store them. [cheers.gif]
I've got two of those '94 PS and am waiting for the right night to open one given all the acclaim.
I absolutely loved the one bottle of 1993 Los Chamizal we opened a couple weeks ago. The Merlot and Cab Franc were good, but less impressive.
A. Gr0ssm@n

User avatar
Mattstolz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2386
Joined: June 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#477 Post by Mattstolz » October 6th, 2020, 5:34 pm

reviving this thread to say we opened up a 1996 Sonoma Cab Franc this weekend and it was just wow. I would have bought high quality Chinon but never would have thought cali. It was poured next to several decade younger wines that night and the color blew us all away, still densely pigmented with hardly any bricking and the fruit was still fresh and young feeling, with a great cracked pepper note on the finish. this specific bottle could have easily gone another 15 years but I don't know why you'd wanna wait... it was delicious.

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#478 Post by Sean_S » October 6th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Mattstolz wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 5:34 pm
reviving this thread to say we opened up a 1996 Sonoma Cab Franc this weekend and it was just wow. I would have bought high quality Chinon but never would have thought cali. It was poured next to several decade younger wines that night and the color blew us all away, still densely pigmented with hardly any bricking and the fruit was still fresh and young feeling, with a great cracked pepper note on the finish. this specific bottle could have easily gone another 15 years but I don't know why you'd wanna wait... it was delicious.
Thanks for the note Matt. CA CF thats like old chinon, Wow! This gets me excited. I drank though all but one of the 9 bottles from round 1. Some were better than others but all were very good and a few were excellent. I was totally impressed with the youthfulness on all the wines so far. Even the ones that were less interesting were very fresh. Great provenance! Totally stoked for the 2 cases from round 2 that hopefully will roll my way sometime in the not too distant future.
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38322
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#479 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » October 6th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Can’t wait to get my box and find out what the hell is in it!
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#480 Post by David Baum » October 6th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Agree and I've got two mystery boxes coming

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#481 Post by Demian Saenz » October 11th, 2020, 3:46 pm

With a case in transit I thought it would be a good idea to open a bottle from the 1st purchase

1993 Los Chamizal Zinfandel Sonoma Valley : I pulled most of the cork but lost about the bottom 3rd of the cork into the bottle. This wine is perfect after a hectic day with a mellow layer of cherry, and just a hint of black pepper.

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#482 Post by Sean_S » October 28th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Two Cases showed up today at my house putting them in Cellar Tracker Now...

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#483 Post by Sean_S » October 28th, 2020, 10:19 pm

OK this is what was in my two cases. Lots of fun stuff to try...

1 x 2001 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Rancho Salina Vineyards USA
2 x 1995 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Gregory Vineyard
2 x 1996 Ravenswood Zinfandel Cooke
2 x 1991 Ravenswood Pickberry
2 x 1989 Ravenswood Merlot Sangiacomo Vineyard
2 x 1989 Ravenswood Zinfandel Cooke
1 x 1999 Ravenswood Zinfandel Barricia
2 x 1994 Ravenswood Merlot Sonoma County
2 x 1999 Ravenswood Icon USA > California > Sonoma County Red Blend
2 x 1996 Ravenswood Zinfandel Dickerson
3 x 1990 Ravenswood Zinfandel Sonoma County
1 x 1986 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County
1 x 2004 Ravenswood Zinfandel Barricia
1 x 2001 Ravenswood Rancho Salina Vineyards USA
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

User avatar
Victor Hong
Posts: 19135
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:34 pm
Location: Noo Yawk

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#484 Post by Victor Hong » October 29th, 2020, 5:12 am

Sean_S wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 10:19 pm
OK this is what was in my two cases. Lots of fun stuff to try...

1 x 2001 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Rancho Salina Vineyards USA
2 x 1995 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Gregory Vineyard
2 x 1996 Ravenswood Zinfandel Cooke
2 x 1991 Ravenswood Pickberry
2 x 1989 Ravenswood Merlot Sangiacomo Vineyard
2 x 1989 Ravenswood Zinfandel Cooke
1 x 1999 Ravenswood Zinfandel Barricia
2 x 1994 Ravenswood Merlot Sonoma County
2 x 1999 Ravenswood Icon USA > California > Sonoma County Red Blend
2 x 1996 Ravenswood Zinfandel Dickerson
3 x 1990 Ravenswood Zinfandel Sonoma County
1 x 1986 Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County
1 x 2004 Ravenswood Zinfandel Barricia
1 x 2001 Ravenswood Rancho Salina Vineyards USA
1994 Ravenswood Merlot Sonoma County is glorious.
WineHunter.

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38322
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#485 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » October 29th, 2020, 5:34 am

Glad to hear that shipping has started. Looking forward to my mystery case.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

James Mc
Posts: 223
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#486 Post by James Mc » October 29th, 2020, 5:58 am

Sean_S wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 10:01 pm
Two Cases showed up today at my house putting them in Cellar Tracker Now...

Sean
Did you get an email notification prior to? I havent seen anything, just wanted to make sure. I’m in no rush, just trying to plan.
McCormick Seasonings

User avatar
MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1776
Joined: July 24th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#487 Post by MatthewT » October 29th, 2020, 7:13 am

James Mc wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 5:58 am
Sean_S wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 10:01 pm
Two Cases showed up today at my house putting them in Cellar Tracker Now...

Sean
Did you get an email notification prior to? I havent seen anything, just wanted to make sure. I’m in no rush, just trying to plan.
No email notification. Mine are coming today though (I can't think of what else it would be).
I'm a Turk

User avatar
Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: July 10th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#488 Post by Sean_S » October 29th, 2020, 9:13 am

no email notification. They just showed up
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40189
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#489 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 29th, 2020, 9:35 am

Oh snap! now I'm excited! I just received an email that I've got a package coming today that I have to sign for and be at least 21 (BARELY made the cut!) - it's got to be this!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#490 Post by Demian Saenz » October 29th, 2020, 1:23 pm

I just opened an ‘87 Zin Sonoma County from the first sale last year. It was delicious. My arrival day is Monday. 😃

User avatar
Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 678
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#491 Post by Marshall Manning » October 29th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Sean_S wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 10:19 pm

2 x 1989 Ravenswood Merlot Sangiacomo Vineyard
Some of those old Sangiacomo Merlots were really good at the time, but I haven't had any in years. I remember the '92 being especially good at one time.
Marshall

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38322
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#492 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » October 29th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Mine is supposed to arrive on election day!
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Tom Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 214
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 5:41 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#493 Post by Tom Chen » October 29th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Got mine today:

1994 Ravenswood Gregory Cab
1998 Ravenswood Rancho Salina Blend
1999 Ravenswood Icon Blend
1989 Ravenswood Cooke Zin
1988 Ravenswood Dickerson Zin
1993 Ravenswood Gregory Cab
1992 Ravenswood Sangiacomo Merlot
1990 Ravenswood Zin
1994 Ravenswood Pickberry Merlot blend
1986 Ravenswood Cab
1994 Ravenswood Merlot
1997 Ravenswood Barricia Zin

All dusty and great fill levels.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40189
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#494 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 29th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Mine arrived! A little pissed that the necks on each bottle are warm, but the warmth stops at the shoulder - bodies are all fine. No cork protrusion at all

In my pack:

1999 Icon
1989 Sangiacomo Merlot
1996 Dickerson Zinfandel
1999 Barricia Zinfandel
1991 Pickberry Red
1994 Merlot Sonoma County
1990 Zinfandel Sonoma County
1989 Cooke Zinfandel
1996 Cooke Zinfandel
1994 Gregory Cabernet Sauvignon
1986 Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County
2001 Rancho Salina Red
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1277
Joined: June 19th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#495 Post by JDavisRoby » October 29th, 2020, 9:45 pm

Is this sale over?
Joshu@

User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#496 Post by David Baum » October 29th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Got UPS notification two cases arriving tomorrow

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7622
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#497 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » October 30th, 2020, 1:47 am

JDavisRoby wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Is this sale over?
Long over and it was a special offering to certain customers.

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21016
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#498 Post by Brian Tuite » October 30th, 2020, 6:52 am

I opted to pick up so I have to wait until Nov 7th.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1277
Joined: June 19th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#499 Post by JDavisRoby » October 30th, 2020, 6:57 am

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 1:47 am
JDavisRoby wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Is this sale over?
Long over and it was a special offering to certain customers.
I thought so, but never hurts to ask. Thanks.
Joshu@

matt d
Posts: 167
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:03 am
Location: Cleveland

Re: Ravenswood library offer

#500 Post by matt d » October 30th, 2020, 10:22 am

my case arrived in ohio no notice just showed up. Different shipper then the last couple of times
M@tthew D@h@r

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”