2017 Thomas letter??

Anyone gotten theirs yet??

Good reminder, I always worry I’ve missed the letter.

No. There is no need for anyone to worry. Like finding out who died lately in the Asylum forum (not who died among the members of the Asylum but who among the supposedly famous in this World has died), you can count on someone declaring the receipt of the postcard. At that point, all you need to do in send John a check with a description of what you want and you are good. I know this because my wife has thrown away John’s postcard multiple times in some skewed perceived version of reality that doing so will prevent me from ordering more wine and I have done this dance successfully each time.

Hmmm I skipped last years offer will I be dropped from the list?

I have not received the letter as of today’s mail, I’ve bought a case for the past ten years. I like the idea of dropping john a check.

I don’t know, but I asked him once if I could skip a year and stay on, and he said yes. You might want to reach out to him to be sure.

My mailer arrived today. $770 for a case including shipping.

Tom

Opening one of my 2011’s tonight to check in on them.

I skipped a year and did not receive an offer the next, possible it was just misplaced. I sent him a check after seeing the posts here and received wine. The next year a received an offer.

I’d love to know what you think. Obviously that’s a benchmark vintage for me.

Received my letter today

They will still improve with time sideways. I plan to check in again in 2 years. It’s still very vibrant and showing bright fruit on the nose & palate. Patience will be rewarded with the 2011’s.

I have not had many 2017’s Oregon PN’s. Can anyone who has tasted the vintage more extensively share their thoughts? And, for that matter, what the word on the 2018’s is? (Although I tend to buy Thomas regardless.)

Thanks! That’s exactly what I expected, but it’s nice to have more confidence.

The wine gods are smiling on me and I couldn’t be happier!!! Opening my mailbox today and received a card/letter from Thomas winery for the first time! I’m in for The Full Monty (8 bottles of 750ml and 2 magnums). Could not be happier…

+1. I had the 2009, 2010 and 2011 in a single-blind tasting two weeks ago. The 2011 was very nice and the 2009 even better. On that night, the 2010 was a slight step behind both.

When did you try to get on the list? Wondering what the current wait is.

I don’t think there has ever been a wait, at least not beyond waiting for the next vintage to be released.

I just got my Thomas letter. This year, it was an A.