TN: 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville

I’m not drinking nearly as much Napa Cabernet lately. I believe the 16 is getting released so wanted to revisit. Turnbull has some unbelievable vineyards in Oakville. Worth seeking out.

• 2014 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve Oakville - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (9/29/2019)
    Deep and dark in the glass. The nose has black fruit with a little smokiness on the end. It has ripe blackberry and current with silky tannin and nice length on the finish. It needs some time in the decanter for a bit of the alcohol to blow off but slightly drying tannin shows up with air. The additional time adds to a long finish w some grip. This is still 2-3 years from peaking but worth trying if you have a few. A modern Napa Cab but in no way overdone or too ripe. Very good to excellent. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

sounds like right up my alley

Yes, good wines, and the pticing is pretty sane by napa standards. I have not had the 14 Reserve recently, but have been giving them some time. Maybe time to crack one. Drank a ‘13 Fortuna about a month ago which was fantastic.

Definitely worth a visit Jeff and their wine club pricing is pretty attractive for their top end bottles in comparison to others. I have yet to open one of those but they really impressed when I tasted with them 3 years ago.