Schrader Double Diamond release

Got the release email for this today. $450 for a 6 pack seems pretty reasonable for TRB crafted Cab. Anyone try the 2016 release?

Beginning with the 2016 vintage, Double Diamond is sourced exclusively from a complement of prime vineyard estates on the warm Napa Valley Appellation of Oakville. Each incredible vineyard contributes its unique character to this enticing and eminently satisfying Napa Cabernet. Oakville, a center of fine winemaking since the 1860s, remains a favorite among connoisseurs of world-class Cabernet Sauvignon.

Dang. I remember when these were about $45 or $50.

I remember seeing them for $55 in the retail market earlier this year.

Used to be Lake County IIRC and I found them undrinkable. Hopefully much improved with Oakville grapes

Never liked the ones I sampled many years ago. Have they evolved into good wines. 2005/ 2006 vintage.

Constellation doesn’t get a fricking dime from me.
Signed,
Long time Schrader list member.

+1

Could be wrong but believe Fred held onto this label

Why buy the ‘17 @ $75 plus shipping when you can still get the ‘16 for ~ $65.

The 16 was very uninspiring imo. Iirc and don’t quote me, but I think I heard fruit is from a different source in 17.

Lots of TRB estate wines (if that’s the goal) for around $75, I’d stay away from this one based on admittedly dated tasting experience.

Thanks for the feedback. Hard pass on this one.

The Costco in Laguna Niguel has the 2016 Napa Valley for $54.99.

This is today’s featured wine on Wine Spectrum for $99; the 2017.

You can get Conn Valley Reserve for this price and much superior wine.

So you’ve had it?

Decided to look through old emails…

2007 Double Diamond pricing: $420

*per 12 bottle case

Gotta read the fine print!

Saw these for $39.97 at my local Costco today. That’s insane they are dumping them so cheaply. Glad I didn’t buy.

2016 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Double Diamond - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (10/10/2019)
2019 Hennepin Lake Charity Event (Minneapolis, MN): I am in the 80s crowd for this wine. Eucalyptus overload. Can’t quite tell what fruit is hiding in the wine. It is a big in your face wine that lacks balance. Never been a fan of this 2nd label wine. (85 points)