2014: The Mascot

Anyone able to get a sip of this? thanks

Jeff

Also looking for info - any reviews or additional information?

Thanks!

Had the 2012 upon release, absolutely delicious! A very pretty wine and I wish I had purchased more.
Tried the 2013 a few months ago, very closed and muscular. Probably needs another few years, and I suspect will last decades.
Hoping the 2014 is closer to 2012, if so, definitely worth $100 per.

09 was tannic beast and tough to enjoy even with a few days open. 10 was much better. Haven’t had since but may grab some 14

I’ve tried the 10 back in January from a half bottle and it was beautiful. Have some 13’ I’m sitting on a little while longer and went in for 6 bottles for the 14.

I had the 12 as well and it was awesome, though I’m keeping the other two for a long time.
Haven’t cracked any of the '13s yet.
I told myself I would pull the plug when they hit $100 per, so I’m pulling the plug on this allocation.

I tried the 12 at Dean and Deluca (RIP) and bought a bottle right away, one of my favorite cabs that trip. Bought a 3-pack of the 13, but haven’t tried any yet.

I didn’t find that to be the case with the '09 in May 2018, but then again it was from 375 mL and I had it with a fatty meat. Maybe pop n pour is the way to go rather than decanting? Here is my note:

Served at Somni out of 375mL with wagyu. What impressed me was the impeccable balance and the precision despite the density, like a ball bearing with no friction. Just slides effortlessly. Maybe it was the fatty cut of meat, but no problem at all with the tannins right now. Pretty tame and fine. Unapologetically Napa, with ripeness and a bit of chocolate, though not flabby. Really enjoyed this wine despite it not being in the style I typically seek.

Mine were gone well before then and was quite a different experience glad yours showed better

Grabbed two 3 packs. One for me and one for a buddy

Got an offer for the 2015 The Mascot release. Price is hefty for me at $100/bottle, but since it Screagle and Promontory pedigree, maybe worth it? How was the other 2015 Cab’s from Napa? I heard it was a “challenging” year.