Noble Rot for dinner

Had an outstanding meal with Dan Keeling at Noble Rot in London last night. Food, service and wines all first class.

To kick off proceedings, a bottle of 2012 Pierre Péters Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Speciale Blanc de Blancs Les Chetillons was just the tonic. It has intense citrus fruits, some baked apple and plenty of brioche. It was direct, with a high tensile, mineral spine and length to burn. A bottle of 2012 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly to accompany entrees was loaded with yellow fruits and possessed the generosity of the vintage, with the posture of Remilly. It was rich and intense, with good clarity and excellent cut to the long finish. A bottle of 2007 Domaine Denis Bachelet Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Les Corbeaux Vieilles Vignes was still very youthful. It has a touch of meat and musk and was quite floral. The palate was relatively lean, and finish loaded with earth. A glass of 2013 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Clos de la Chateniere was fresh and minerally wine, just taking on some butter and toast development. Fruits flavours are of the peach persuasion and there’s plenty of floral spice.

Great note Jeremy. Haven’t made it to Noble Rot yet but this is a reminder that I need to soon!

You absolutely must! I was there back in April and Jeremy’s account is spot on. It’s the only place that I’m willing to go back to as it’s just that good😁

Had dinner there last month while on family vacation. Ramonet to start by the glass and Cedric Bouchard bottle with the fish. Very fair prices and an outstanding evening!!

I love this place.