Has anyone done business with Old Liquors?

Hello all,

Has anyone done business with Old Liquors? I’m looking at some old port that they’re about to get in, but I’ve never dealt with them before. Any warnings on them?

Thanks!

I am just replying to see if you ever ended up buying anything from them.

No, I ended up taking a pass. I couldn’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling from them on the provenance of the bottle I was looking at.

thought heat didn’t hurt liquor. Does provenance matter then? Quite a cognac selection.

It sure hurts port, and that’s what I was looking at.

Bumping this thread - curious as well - outstanding old port selections…

I’ve looked at their site a handful of times as they always have some really cool older bottles…but those prices??? Are those just starting points and you’re able to negotiate with them or something?

1 Like

I’m bumping this up to see if anyone can chime in on whether or not they’ve done business with OldLiquors.com. I’m trying to verify the voracity of them as a source of legitimate old wines. If you would prefer to send me a private message instead of replying to the thread, please do so and I’ll respect your privacy. Thanks much!

Just bumping this, because I was looking at them as a source of Madeira. Any help would be appreciated, merci!

In four years no one has said yes. I think it tells you enough

But also, they’re still around…

Of course so is Sherry Lehman.

Check out WineBid! There’s some amazing Madeira on there from the 1800’s at well below most prices ive seen lately. Actually one from 1800 which would be incredible.

Appreciate the tip!

1 Like