Disgorgement and ID codes for Vilmart Rubis NV?

20190923_113509.jpg
Does anyone have information on how to read the ID/disgorgement dates for Vilmart Rubis NV?

I’m not always a fan of this wine but this particular disgorgement has been really good and an incredible value.
I’d like to find more. I’ve uploaded the label, but it’s coming out sideways. ID is LRU-12-16-BT, Dec 2016 disgorgement.

i think you just read it. if you’re looking for more, just call a store that stocks it and ask them what the back label reads. alternatively, call or email skurnik and i’m sure someone would get back to you. where i think you may run into an issue is if this isn’t the current release, it may have largely sold through and replaced with the current one.

Yeah, I assume an identical disgorgement would be the same wine.

I guess I was wondering whether it was safe to assume disgorgements around that time were probably the same wine and whether there was any way to read the vintages in the id code in case I wanted to buy the vintage rubis or different disgorgements with identical vintages.

Emailing Skurnuk is a good idea I’ll try that.

curious to know what you find out and yeah, i think reasonable to assume there’s only one december 2016 disgorge. …?

I’ve had this wine handful of times in the last two or three years and agree. The first ones that I had were phenomenal. -The last six pack was ho-hum at best. Unfortunately I did not track the disgorgement dates.

I’ve got another six inbound and I’m hoping they outperform the last.

Jeepers…I am usually sit on these for at least five years post disgorgement.

James,

It is a 2014 based wine with reserves from 2013. In general Cuvee Rubis disgorgements from Vilmart in the Aug-Dec timeframe have a base vintage of two years prior - so your Dec 2016 disgorgement is a 2014 base. The wine normally sits close to a year post disgorgement before release so the 2016 based Cuvee Rubis is just now starting to roll out.

Belated thanks for the info Brad. Skurnik never replied but your info is all I need. I’m drinking the October 2015 disgorgement right now. It’s shocking how different, and inferior, this disgorgement is to the above.

1 Like