TN: 2014 Domaine Pattes Loup Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux

My days of spending wacky sums of money on white Burgundy (or any wine really) are mostly over so I have settled into buying wines that are in my wheelhouse and won’t break the bank (yet).
Thomas Pico is one of those producers. Always puts a smile on my face.
Another lovely '14.

• 2014 Domaine Pattes Loup Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (9/23/2019)
    Very elegant and complex aromas of lemon, sage, citrus and a saline/minerality. Silky mouthfeel, full where it needs to be, but delineated by a fine acidic energy. Walks a nice balance of round, elegant fruit and edgy/stony verve. Young, but giving. Splash decanted and enjoyed over 90mins. Drink or hold.

Posted from CellarTracker

+1 on Chablis 1er Cru generally though prices are edging up (understatement) in Ontario. 2014 is terrific vintage. And props for the splash decant, these wines are still tight. It’s sad how often one gets funny looks decanting whites (had an actual argument with a top restaurant in Quebec City about decanting a 2014 Chablis a couple of years ago).
Thanks for this note, I’m not familiar with this producer.

Thanks, Richard. Agree on Chablis, in general, and 14s! Check out some Pattes Loup. Good stuff. [cheers.gif]

Thomas Pico is an excellent producer.

I recently had my first Pattes Loup with some age, a 2008 Montmains, and it was in a great spot.

This is what I have not done: re: age. All of my Pico wines have been young (5 years or less). Need to try some with age. Good to know the '08 was still showing well. Thanks.