TN: 2010 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie)

• 2010 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Côte-Rôtie (9/22/2019)
    Easy [redacted]-point potential in this wine; it’s just a question of letting it age some more. Is there any Côte-Rôtie these days that comes close? It’d be news to me. The nose is all olive brine, black fruit, and spice. I’d say it’s a little surprising how much more black this is than red, especially given the vintage. Incredibly perfumed and aromatic, with pretty much the same kaleidoscope of classic syrah flavours on the palate. The tannins are very sneaky; you don’t pick them up until much later on the briny finish. Amazing potential; probably going to have to rule of 15 the next bottle. (93 pts.)

If ever a vintage screams rule of 15, it’s definitely 2010. It’s the one Rhône vintage that I really did stick in deep storage. Have not even tried the Clapes, Allemand or Jamet. Thanks for the check in.

I might make a case for 2009… but both of these epic vintages definitely need lots of time.

2010 is an epically great vintage. Better than 2015 in my opinion. There will be a lot of 100 pt scores in 2025…

1 Like

This is a great Cote Rotie. Thanks for the update.

Great note on one of my favorite N. Rhône producers. Sounds like it nails all the quintessential Côte Rôtie qualities. Happy to have a few in the cellar and appreciate the check-in. Will leave them alone another 5 years or so.

This wine is so good. And the 2010 Jamet ‘Cote Brune’ – which I drank in Stockholm last summer for a pittance – was one of the very finest bottles of syrah I’ve ever consumed.

[buys tickets to Stockholm]

Stockholm is full of phenomenal wine lists. One of the worlds most underrated food and wine cities. Eg: https://sturehof.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/09/oktober.pdf