Minnesota Wine Cellar Home Assistance Requested

I apologize in advance for the somewhat promotional message, but if you keep reading I think you will understand. I’ve been a member here since 2013 and buy every Berserker Day. As some of you know, we’ve build a 1000+ bottle temperature and humidity controlled wine cellar to explore this hobby. We are now selling our house to move closer to family and have had interest in our house, including from someone who told our realtor they would RIP out the wine cellar. I’d prefer this house go to someone who would enjoy the space, so I asking this group for suggestions on how to better reach out to local wine lovers who may be looking for a new home. We live in Prior Lake, Minnesota.
Here is a video: 3748 Wilds Ridge NW, Prior Lake - YouTube (wine cellar 47 to 57 seconds)
Thank you.

What hole are you off of? I might have hit your house this summer!

Hey John!
You actually have not been here, but my wife and I did meet you last week at Mike’s cab tasting. We brought the Bevan Ontogeny, which was quite disappointing (to us, based on past experience) for our group but apparently finally opened up enough so it was WOTY for the downstairs group.
We are actually in the Ridge, so just down the street from the homes on the Wilds golf course - say less than 1/2 mile. No golf course dues!
That said, better to drink wine with friends than move it across the country, so let us know if you have some time to taste before we move!

I am amazed at a few holes and how close the houses are. On hole 10 they have 2 that have been for sale the whole season. Where are you moving to?

Beautiful home and amazing wine cellar! Must be difficult to part with this place…

[quoteincluding from someone who told our realtor they would RIP out the wine cellar.][/quote] Why? The house has plenty of room. NO need to tear it out. That is an asset if they sell in the future and don’t use it.

Nice house and good luck with the sell.

Don’t take it personal, just sell the house and move on.We did that with our last house.The people that bought it had no interest in the wine cellar but paid 20k over asking.We did the happy dance and moved on.

+1. Once the house sells it is no longer yours.

Nice looking cellar!

But agree with others - it’s hard to face that something you put time/effort/money into someone else will rip out. But that person may not be the buyer. And are you willing to take less money from a buyer who will keep the wine cellar? Personally I’d take the extra money from the non-wine buyer and use it to buy more wine!

But you could ask your realtor to feature the wine cellar more prominently in the marketing materials - that’s about all you can really do. I doubt most buyers, even wine lovers, are going to put that feature first on their list of “must haves,” though. Indeed, a cellar is something that you can put in a lot of houses with some money.

I have sold a few houses with cellars. Agree, with many here. Feature the cellar in advertising. But at the end of the day, once you sell the house the new owners will do what they like.

JD

Thanks all for your comments.
I agree that once the home is sold I’ll move on and am more focused on price received then what the buyers will do with it. My thinking is that a wine lover may be willing to offer more whereas others wouldn’t see as much value in it. Unfortunately in our area at this price point it is a buyer’s market with 9 months of inventory.
On the plus side the thought of having to move all this wine finally made me stop buying for awhile!

Be grateful. Fairfield County CT has several years of inventory.