TN: 2016 Mickaël Bourg Cornas Les p`tits bouts

• 2016 Mickaël Bourg Cornas Les p`tits bouts - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (9/21/2019)
    One of my favorite wines today. Olives, pepper, stone and red currants. Vibrant wine and good acidity. Medium plus and complex wine. Should age for another decade. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Very cool, John, thanks for the note. I have seen but not tried this Cornas.

Robert just tried it today at a $10 tasting in Minneapolis. It really stood out at a tasting with more than 100 wines. Still can’t believe how many good wines they had for $10!

PS. Love the name. :wink:

I just came across this producer for the first time recently - had his 2016 St Peray (Marsanne) - and thought it was fantastic. Thanks for the note, I will have to seek this out!

Great wine. I posted on it some time ago: A Cornas new to me: 2016 Mikael Bourg Cornas Les P'tits Bouts - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Great wine. I posted on it some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=156291&p=2625355&hi … s#p2625355

Zachary love the day 2 note. Wine Club San Fran has this for $36 while everyone else is at $50.

They don’t ship to NY. :frowning:

But no worry, I bought a bunch of this already at around $40-45.

Great under the radar producer. I’ve had a few bottles of his 2011 Cornas and it’s a delicious
and really well made bottle of syrah.

I’m bringing this to a Rhone tasting next week, how long would you guys recommend decanting?

I’d pop-n-pour. Taste early and revisit toward end of tasting. Take remainders home and taste again. Something like that.

Agree Zachary. When I sampled it, pop and pour. Tried it later in the tasting and still amazing.

These people are savages, I’m likely not going to get a second pour [snort.gif]

These people are savages, I’m likely not going to get a second pour

Bring two bottles then! [cheers.gif]