Beautiful Morning With Champagne Jérôme Blin

Woke up to a most beautiful Florida morning. Cooked a camp breakfast for whole family on my Blackstone griddle cooktop. The Jérôme Blin Champagne 2008 Les Caillesses is exceeding beautiful. It is dry and flinty, with pert and lively citrus and pretty mineral.
41BF394D-763F-4C1B-A55C-1317994B39AC.jpeg

Stunning backyard, Charlie! That’s old Florida right there!

Thanks buddy! It was really nice this morning, wasn’t it? Y’all need to come see it live one day!

A very nice wine at a great price point, count me as a fan

Just to be clear, it accompanied breakfast? (Now that’s Beserker!)

“Champagne Sunday” is a tradition at my place on Sunday mornings. Maybe I need to start to include Saturday mornings? What is a “camp breakfast?”

Knowing Charlie, he prolly had crab cake Benedict sprinkled with caviar, to pair with that Champagne! And was in his speedo and Gucci high-tops. Lounging in the Corbusier Chaise, attended by butlers. Accompanied by his beautiful and very cool wife. He is the Jarl of Berserkers.

I was with you until you mentioned a “beautiful and very cool wife.” Geesh, most of the good ones are “taken.” But not all champagne.gif

Cook bunch of bacon. Set it aside. Then cook Maple sausage chopped up. Push it to the side and cook hash browns in grease. Mix hash browns and sausage then scramble a bunch of eggs with the mix. Top with cheddar. Then I cook pancakes on the other side of the griddle. It’s an “everybody dig in” thing. It could also be called a cholesterol bomb. Haha!

Not very “Californian” at all. No beans? No chorizo? No salsa verde or crema? No avocado toast?Sounds fun, though, and I am all in on the champagne.

Na man. The champagne dissolves all of that. Everyone knows that.

Merrill,

With all due respect, the man’s in Florida. Why would or should it be California style? I go to my farmer’s market in Maine every Saturday morning, no salsa verde, no avocado, not even any oranges! But Dragonfly Cove Farm’s goat chorizo is incredible, even though it’s more Portugal than California.

Dan Kravitz

I was joking, Dan. Lots of back story, but simply: I was having fun.

My goodness! I should find a way to come down for one of those. I could pair all that with Best Hot Chocolate Ever :slight_smile: (Soma Chocolatier’s Dark Side of the Mug, milk and some whipping cream, amarula liqueur and either Cruzan raspberry rum or McGillicuddy’s banana liqueur, depending what I have on hand).

I missed this earlier. My bad cholesterol should be in negative numbers then!

Merrill is just funnin’. Dan that Chorizo sounds like the bomb. We get a local goat cheese in Highlands NC called Highlands crack, 'cause it’s so addicting! But there nothing like a big, fattening, sloppy breakfast on Sunday morning… of course, with good Champagne!

Looks and sounds awesome Charlie! Yes, it’s starting to get really nice down here. About time!!!

I just remembered I bought this wine :slight_smile: