La Turque

Just curious to see if anybody else has heard a similar experience to what I had last night. Had the 1997 and 2007 La Turque together.Decanted the 2007 two hours and the 1997 one hour.I found that there was very very little difference between the two bottles and you could swear that they were almost the identical Wine. Enjoyed the 1997 slightly more after it changed in the glass about an hour later. Could not discern at all the difference with the nose or the color. Thank you in advance🍷

Might be helpful to have a bit of context. Was the occasion dinner? Wine group? Friday night curiosity? Did you decant at all…etc.
Some sense of the wine in a bit of expanded tasting note would also be helpful. Texture, tannic structure, secondary developed notes, balance, heat…etc. These should show a family resemblance, but have some distinct differences considering they were a decade apart.

And most importantly did you enjoy them?

Dinner at a fine restaurant.Decanted both as stated above.Wines were dense in color and soft around the edges with little tannins and acidity.Typical roasted quality with rich meaty flavors.
Very lovely and enjoyable.

I once had the 1997 and 1994 LT side by side, quite a difference, 1994 is more intense and stronger, 1997 slightly softer and brighter, but both outstanding efforts and among the best Cote-Roties of the vintages.
Never had 2007 LT.