2019 Grosser Ring Auctions

A quick trot around the pre auction tasting.

It’s mixed.

You can’t buy based on prior experience to anything like the normal degree this year.

Even within producers the wines seemed varied.

More to come.

I am not surprised Russell, 2018 is all about light&shadow.

ENJOY
Martin

And they are off:
916594ED-BF45-4805-994D-E16A51A9E4E7.jpeg

hi guys,
I haven’t had the chance to taste but I’m placed on
lot #1 Sonneuhr Kabinett from Haag
lot #27 Bercasteler Spatlese from Thanisch
lot #52 Altenberg Kabinett from Othegraven
Do you have any notes on these at all? nothing detailed just your thoughts really.
Thanks,
Olivier

#1 went for €42, I liked it but it wasn’t at the level of the last few year (14 and 16)

alright, well at that price I got done then. I usually chase the spatlese at the auction but I thought I’d follow MFW’s high mark (95) for that prädikat.

Many thanks for another live thread this year! Grateful for data on a few. I had to bid in advance- hopefully good choices.

Clemens Busch Kabinett
Schaefer Spatlese
Schaefer Auslese halves
Von Schubert Kab
Von Schubert GKA
Von Schubert LGKA

Good luck to everyone bidding!

Schaefer Spat @ 71
Schaefer GK 375s @ 95

Clemens Busch kabi goes as a steal at 25 euro.

Wow! This is significantly less than last year! I did not expect it would go backward. But glad I’ll have 3 bottles Spat.

The wines are just not as good. Generally.

The GK in 375 went for less - 80 - last year. The spat went for 75 so it’s a little cheaper but not nearly as good.

to those who are in the audience and kind enough, do have a hammer price for #Lot27 by any chance?

Lot 27 @ 70

thanks a lot!

Grunhaus

Kabi 40, 121
GK 180, 260
LGK 210, 500

Many thanks to you both for the final quotes. Got everything - but way too close for comfort in some cases.

Anything in particular go really crazy high?

^ prices, like the wines, seemed a little soft. There was a lot of action around the gigantic formats of a few wines, but in general the wines ranged from difficult-to-sell-the-opening-price to cheap. But I didn’t stay for Egon so maybe those went crazy. It was hard to think of anything there as a great wine, but there were some good wines and a bunch of stuff I’m happy to have now at the prices paid.

I am still there. Egon Müllers Kabinett for 200 like last year. The one 6 Liter bottle for 4200; the Auslese Goldkapsel for 1950 and the half bottles for 752.

In general I agree that 2018 is no 2017 in quality…

Damn straight, bought quite a few champagne.gif