TN: 2011 Domaine Ramonet Puligny-Montrachet Les Enseignères

• 2011 Domaine Ramonet Puligny-Montrachet Les Enseignères - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet (9/12/2019)
    Always a pleasure to have any of Ramonet’s wine in a glass, and this was no exception. In relation to other ‘Les Enseigneres’ I have had, this was elegant and a bit reserved. An initially expressive nose of stone fruit and apple with a distinct mint note developing after a bit of time in the glass. Oak treatment was perceptively apparent but well done. Palate showed rich fruit with a moderately long finish exhibiting fine minerality. Great village Puligny-Montrachet.

Posted from CellarTracker

I really like where '11 is right now for whites John. Thanks for the note.

Yes thank you John [cheers.gif]

Do you mean the vintage for white Burg in general? Would love to hear how you’d characterize it, especially vs the others around it

Hi C h 0 o n 6,

I reckon it is an outstanding vintage for white in the Cote de Beaune (I don’t love Chablis in 2011). The wines are pure, precise and cool, with good detail and decent richness. The '10’s now show a bit of botrytis that wasn’t evident on release and the '11 equivalent generally shows a bit fresher. We had Sauzet’s '11 Chevalier next to their '14 on Monday and whilst the '14 is superb, the almost unanimous preference was for the '11.

Cheers
Jeremy

Thank you for this; I have tasted exotic/tropical notes in 2010s and found myself avoiding them for that reason (vintage tariff doesn’t help). Might seek out more nicely priced 2011s instead per your recommendation