TN: 2015 Once & Future Wine Mataro Oakley Road Vineyard

2015 Once & Future Wine Mataro Oakley Road Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (9/10/2019)
No real plan for opening this, but it was close at hand.

Divine providence!

Wide open, stuffed with dark fruit, warm herbal tones, and a hint of meatiness that will surely expand in time. This was shockingly easy to drink, with every element in line. It caressed the palate until the very end when the tannins crept in. It was all I could do to not drink up the whole bottle, but it was in fact a weeknight. Morning alarm clocks don’t care if the wine is delicious.

Posted from CellarTracker

Pop and Pour?

Thrilled to read this note, David. Will be opening one soon.

yup

Awesome note David! Tried opening one a while back but it was corked…which the winery immediately replaced (awesome customer service). Maybe I’ll get it another go this weekend. Thanks again for the note!

Popped one tonight based on this note. Agree completely with it, though it went through a weird high acid phase between 1.5 and 3 hours of being open. Finishing it off while watching football right now and it’s absolutely delicious.

I polished off the last third of the bottle tonight, and it was still spot on.

I opened one and decanted it last week. I agree that it was really good.

And then what did you drink? neener

But seriously, had you simply corked the bottle and tossed in the regular fridge overnight, or did you use a more “advanced” preservation? Because if the former, I’m very hopeful of its longevity.

Fridge. It’s all I ever do.

And I also had a glass of Riesling from another leftover.

Popped a bottle tonight based on the glowing review David and I agree - it’s delicious! I will say though that the oak stood out just a LITTLE bit too much for me still…which should remedy itself in the near-term (and prob hold/drink well for a long time)

Regardless, been impressed with literally every bottle I’ve opened from Once & Future so far (other than the 1 that was corked and immediately displaced by the winery)…but I guess that’s not surprising given who’s heading this project up.

I