Desire Lines Save the Date

And yet another! September 17 save the date. Evangelho, Shake Ridge Syrah and a new Mourvèdre. Having issues copying the email, but includes a fun short write up on Contra Costa county history.

I am obviously quite biased but these wines are delicious. It has been quite fun watching Cody evolve as a winemaker- he is one of the smartest people I know and the wines get better every year. The Fred Del Barba Mataro comes from a block of 120+ year old, own-rooted, vines that was a main component of the Cigare Volant bottlings for many years. The Evangelho Carignan comes from one of the cherriest blocks on the ranch and the Shake Ridge is a very pretty expression of Ann Kraemer’s exceptionally farmed vineyard.

The shake ridge and Evangelho last year were absolutely delicious. Emily was kind enough to pour the Shake Ridge for us when we were out there last year, and it drank so well I had a hard time keeping my hands off the ones at home. Really looking forward to the Experimental #2.

Really looking forward to this release!

I am in love with each of their earlier wines … really special. I’m light on orders this year due to some other expenses but will definitely need some from this release.

In for an 8 pack
4 Mourvèdre
2 Evangelho
2 Shake Ridge

Looking forward to tasting these.

3, 4, 4 for me. Love that you can crack some early without worry.

I am not quite sure how he did it given the hours we are making him work right now but Cody’s description of the Oakley Sands and what makes it so distinct is spot on and one of the best I have read. Also, the old soil map he found highlighting the sands is fire. Between this and MacDonald my credit card is getting an unusual harvest workout this morning!

Just got the release email. Grabbed 2 each of the wines offered. Really excited to try the Mourvedre!

Great story-great wines…Contra Costa County and Amador representing!!!

Same here. Love the wines but have to be prudent.

Two “must haves!”

4 Mourvedre … having to be reasonable but an “experiment” from this team … can’t resist. Every bottle of their’s I’ve opened has made me so happy.

Would really like to try these wines but shipping cost is prohibitive to DC apparently. $36 for 3 bottles via ground :flushed:

I thought the 4 or more bottles for $30 shipping was a great deal - esp since the wine’s price point is so low for such wonderful juice.

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the great response to our release! We’re really excited about these wines and love getting to share them, and it’s been awesome to see everyone’s feedback.

I can totally understand the frustration with shipping costs— shipping wine is maddeningly expensive because it’s both fragile and heavy. We offer a flat-rate shipping charge of $30 on orders of four bottles or more, whether you buy just four bottles or your full 12 bottle allocation. On orders of 1-3 bottles you’ll see the same shipping rate we’re paying.

I placed my first order yesterday, a small one for 4 bottles. I had some questions, which I e-mailed and I received responses right away. It was a pleasure dealing with Emily!