Recommendation on a white burgundy

I want to bring a hostess gift for a nice wine dinner we will be attending.

All I know is the wife likes white burgundies, more on the crisp side.

Any suggestions in the $100-$200 range (could be a bit more if a great value/buy).

I know nothing about white burgs.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe a youngish Dauvissat, so you don’t have to worry too much about premox. '14s are pretty sparkling young. Like a Forest at $140ish
I’d be happy if someone gifted me Dauvissat.
Or something from PYCM.

Thanks Dennis!

Sounds perfect.

Just ordered the '14 Dauvissat La Forest.

Wow. ok! Hope it goes over well. Cheers.

Pulled the trigger because I only saw one available through Wine Searcher Pro.

Again, knowing nothing about white burgs, the description sounded good and right in the middle of my price range.

If they open it at the dinner, will let you know how it is.

Thanks again.

Fabulous choice!

Don’t think you can go wrong with your choice. Ticks all the boxes

That sounds like the perfect recommendation. Dauvissat has serious brand name equity too, as far as the recipient knowing that she’s getting something profound.

I don’t mean that you’re trying to be showy, here, but this makes more sense as a gift than some good-but-obscure $140 bottle.

I’ll be here all week. [wink.gif]

I was going to recommend any vintage of Domaine Morey-Coffinet Les Pucelles, Puligny-Montrachet Premier Cru, but the Dauvissat works beautifully for what you’re looking for. Please post TNs after tasting it.

There is more than one Dauvissats, no? Which one did you get?

Had this twice in the last month and it is drinking extremely well for a young wine.

For $100-200 you can get a rather nice Grand Cru - like a Corton Charlemagne from Bouchard Pere. https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/bouchard+pere+grand+cru+corton+charlemagne+cote+de+beaune+burgundy+france/1/usa If you want to spend a bit less, try Bouchard’s Meursault Perrieres or any premier cru Chassagne-Montrachet from Bernard Moreau.

Two strange [& strangely identical] thoughts.

1. Both WineX & WHWC have HORRIBLE javascript on their websites [whoever wrote WineX’s code needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and put out of his misery - it fails in both Chrome & Firefox - how can you possibly code so ineptly?].

I shudder to imagine how much money those stores are leaving on the table owing to such atrocious websites.

1. Neither WineX nor WHWC have diddly squat in the way of quality Whites in their stores right now - for both stores, the most intriguing wines are all Pre-Arrival:

[u]You are being redirected...

[u]Woodland Hills Wine Company

You could roll lowball, and get the 2013 Dauvissat-Camus La Forest for $100 at WineX, or roll highball, and get the 2016 Lafon Meursault Les Charmes for $250 at WHWC.

But there’s a vast wasteland between those two price points [in terms of what’s actually in stock].

Remind to invite this guy to my next party