I Went Back to WA.

I am probably the outlier here but I have gone back to the Advocate and am giving up Vinous. The Spain coverage is vastly superior with LG, it seems like Josh Raynold’s isn’t really into covering Iberia. I also am interested in reading William Kelly’s notes and articles.

So far I am enjoying the new format.

William’s notes and vintage summaries are superb. Was just reading his commentary and some specific wine notes on 2018 Beaujolais producers. Excellent write-ups.

Robert. Yes, his notes on Beaujolais are one of the reasons I subscribed again. Have recently had some great wines from Brugaud, Roilette and Thivin and want to know more.

William is a huge fan of Bouland. I have always been as well, but must admit, he really nailed the 2017s. Actually, Bouland nailed the 2017, and William nailed the notes.

I’m about to grab a variety of 2018s.

Nope! I never left…love William and LG’s reviews.

“Been down one time
Been down two times
Never going back again”

RT

Is there a new more reader-friendly format? I hate trying to read their reviews online with the format I am familiar with.

I wish Kelley wrote for another publication. Any other publication. I like his writing and his sensibilities, but refuse to patronize LPB or Parker (in case he still has any remaining involvement of any kind). If Kelley were to go to Vinous or Jancis, I’d subscribe to either.

I would likely go back to WA if it automatically integrated with CellarTracker

+1

I actually wish he wrote for Vinous…

From what I see online I also like what William Kelley and LG have to say. I’m not hugely enthusiastic about Vinous, but I do like Josh a lot even if his reviews are not as timely as they could be.
Does TWA have a good reviewer for Oregon? Is their format readable?

The format seems to be improved. There are links to articles etc inside the notes.

I suppose I left before the place went sideways, because I have no hard feelings, and some good memories from posting on the board.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks, it is very warmly appreciated indeed!

I think too that Kelly is a huge advantage for WA because WA had a lot of negative press lately. And I find it very sympathetic that Kelly is participating here. I find his tone very refreshing and positive. Bravo.

pretty sure eric has been working on this… stay tuned.

Same here. I just can’t stand the level of arrogance and complete total disregard for their customers.