TN: 1995 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigneto Arborina (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

• 1995 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigneto Arborina - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (9/7/2019)
    Decanted for 2 hours and followed through the evening. Garnet with scarlet hints. Three hours after opening the nose became a blast of violets, hyacinth, plum pits, camphor, and earthy tar. Pliant on the palate with layers of dark plum, blackberry, balsam, asphalt, and graphite. Dusty, filed-off tannin and moderate acidity. Longer finish of red and dark plum fruit laced with leather and tar. Vibrant, tensile, and very much alive at age 24. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds delicious! I love the wines of Giovanni Corino (and Renato Corino for that matter), but I find them hard to find. Glad to see they age well!

Hi Chris,

I picked this up recently on a retail shelf for a fair price and did not know much about the producer. They use barriques but I did not detect any modern influence as I imagine 24 years allows a fair amount of integration.

Cheers,
Doug