TN: 2014 Patton Valley Vineyard Pinot Noir

TN: 2014 Patton Valley Vineyard Pinot Noir: Willamette Valley. 13 percent ABV and under Stelvin closure. Mouth full of slightly sweet cranberry and a streak of acidity on the finish. A juvenile with a typical new wine shorter finish and a desire for air time. The fruit flavors are sharp, clean and defined within 15 minutes, the finish extended and that tart finish begging for some food. I don’t think I’d have picked this as an Oregon Pinot in a blind tasting. Tastes like a fresh, young 90’s pinot from Sonoma County, before they were almost Syrah like. At thirty minutes it is starting to bulk up with more fruit flavors, still cranberry. Probably has at least 10 years life left because the Stelvin will hold it in limbo.

We had that wine on the deck of our cabin last week. Seemed right down the middle WV to me. No cola, for instance. Not complex, and I think you are right that it won’t change much medium term. I think I paid about $20 for the wine. I didn’t expect either more or less than what it delivered; good juice, good match for food, no objectionable qualities.

We drank half of the bottle, screwed on the Stelvin and left it standing up on the table in 68 degree temperature until a half hour ago. It’s a different wine tonight. Not too sweet blackberry drives the wine with a lengthy finish that isn’t clipped by the acidity for at least 45 seconds.