Traveling Wine Glasses

We’re looking to get a few wine glasses for traveling. We don’t normally like stemless, but for this application the space savings and the lack of a fragile stem are strong benefits, and the early frontrunners are from Schott Zweisel – Forte Stemless Tumblers and Air Stemless Red Wine Glasses

Any others I should be considering? I don’t like the sharp angles of the Schott Pure series.

EDIT: The most common use case will be going to a rental house, usually by driving rather than flying.

The Riedel O series is the obvious alternative to those you mentioned. I use them, and like them.

The only ones I have compared them to are much cheaper brands like Darlington Glass, and the Riedels are a lot better, though for occasional use I’d say the cheaper ones are OK too.

If you’re driving I would recommend a wine glass carrying case and take your good glasses. No need to sacrifice when traveling.

+1

When we are driving, we often take the convertible, where packing space is definitely at a premium. I suppose if we were only taking 2 stems, that wouldn’t really be such an issue. But often we are getting together with family or friends, and I was planning on packing 6 glasses as a matter of course. And the cases that I’ve seen for 6 stems are really quite large.

Does anyone have any cases they recommend for 6 glasses – either stemless, or with stems?

+3
Air, road or sea we always take our stems!

What do you use when traveling by air?

+1. I also use the “O to go” series. I think one of the best things about them is the cardboard cylinder case they come in which provides ample protection for travel.

Just arrived in Hong Kong with our Os in the carry-on. We even used them on the plane.

Over the years I’ve used many different methods with only one broken stem. A quality wine glass or wine bottle case works. I take my less expensive stems: Riedel, Schott Zwiesel or Stolze… But they must have a stem. My stemless glasses are for water, beer or scotch. Just my preference.

[scratch.gif] But … travel shock … can’t drink wine in hot weather … wine too serious for vacation … just drink beer and cocktails …

Lee fwiw I’ve used these plastic cups for tastings for years (used to hold them at work) and have found them to work pretty well

https://www.amazon.com/TOSSWARE-14oz-Vino-recyclable-shatterproof/dp/B0184XUCR0/

What a novel idea

Am I the only one here who keeps go vino glasses in his golf bag, beach bag, back pack and trunk. Unbreakable and more than adequate at an unbeatable price. Use it for a tailgate and your last roadie then toss it at the gate. Easy peasy

I hope you’re cross posting to the philly sports thread .

zaltos are great :+1:t3: