FranceCave Shipping Damage

Hi All,

Quick question for the board, received a shipment today from Wine Enthusiast thru HomeDepot and the side of the FranceCave by Eurocave i ordered had a ~3x1 inch gash in the side (pic attached). I’m trying to figure out if it is cosmetic only or will hurt the performance of the unit. The aforementioned outcome will direct my attempt at a refund vs. return. It was a pain to get it thru the house and also just waiting on delivery. I don’t know anything about the construction of these units so would appreciate any expert opinions.

Thanks!
JP
FranceCave Damage_9.4.19.jpg

Did it arrive with that damage?

Did the delivery crew cause the damage?

looks pretty deep from the pic, i’d ask for a replacement. check with your credit card as well if there’s purchase protection if you run into issues.

I would ask for a replacement. Too expensive of an appliance for that kind of damage.

pretty obvious forklift incident, good luck

Yep agreed. It was delivered like that. WE is a bit annoying since they’re already closed for the day but I’ll get it figured out. Pretty good gash. Was probably just looking for some validation since I want to get it up and running and not wait multiple weeks! However, better safe than sorry