Pisoni Estate Release

Have 3 back vintages of Pisoni Estate Pinot and Chard resting well. Haven’t purchased any in a couple years, but had a 2013 Estate Pinot about a month ago that was incredible and could year in and year out be possibly the best California Pinot IMHO. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Gary Pisoni years ago in Big Sur at Nepenthe Restaurant. If there ever was a man that didn’t give a care about what people thought of him yet was still fun loving, passionate and full of energy, it’s Gary Pisoni. Love their story and love their wines. Think it’s time to purchase some of the 2017’s. [cheers.gif]

August is an important month at Pisoni Vineyards. We’re getting ready to release our 2017 vintage, preparing to bottle wine, and waiting for harvest with great anticipation. During the final week before our busiest and most exciting season, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you a snapshot of the gratifying reviews we’ve received this year, together with a brief video clip that opens a window into our winery where Jeff, our vintner, will soon be preparing for another harvest. (You can find the video link here.)

It seems fitting as we get ready to release our 2017 Pisoni Estate offerings–our 2017 Pisoni Estate Pinot Noir and Estate Chardonnay alongside our 2017 Lucia Susan’s Hill Syrah–to close with praise from distinguished reviewer Jeb Dunnuck, who declares of our Estate Pinot Noir, “California Pinot Noir doesn’t get much better than this.”

We’re very proud of these wines and look forward to offering you the opportunity to uncork and taste them for yourselves on September 12, when we release our 2017 Estate offerings.

Gabe, that video they did and placed into the pre-release email last week was nicely made. Maybe you can find that and post it here? I deleted it already.

Thanks for the alert, too. Between Kutch and Pisoni, it will be a buyers week for me starting tomorrow.

PS…we drank a 2013 Estate weekend before last, and it was great. Heck, 2012-2014 in the past several months. Here are some TNs to help with the post here.

• 2013 Pisoni Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (8/25/2019)
    2019 Suntacular–Champagne Tasting to raise money for Laura’s House: Happy to follow T’s note, as he and I have similar palates. This was leftover from last night, when I shared it spur of the moment with some other smart palates. It was well received. Retasting today from the final pour, after I had applied a light chill to the wine. Some around the table thought there might be some stem inclusion in the wine, as it had some of that woodsy spice to it. Dark cherry, with some intense spicyness, almost peppery in tone. Licorice (like with what T’s note mentioned), some indian spices/herbal thing going on, which stays through the finish. While this has some of the Pisoni depth/darkness, what intrigues me about the wine is the sauvage quality, reminding me of cool climate syrah. Very unique vintage for the Estate, and for my final bottle, gonna rest it for another 3-5 years and see what develops.
  • 2014 Pisoni Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (7/15/2019)
    First bottle of three that I purchased. Funny enough, I gifted this bottle to a buddy, and he brought it yesterday in a decanter, walking in my front door with the wine already decanted. His wife gave the wine away accidentally before we could guess it. And, I had put this on syrah when I first tried it from the decanter, as it had a smoky, charry profile that led me down the wrong road. Blah blah. I put the leftover of the wine in a shiner last night and kept it in the fridge until now. So, it’s had plenty of decanted air and is ready for a good taste at a nice cool temp. This is concentrated stuff. Bit of brewed coffee in the aroma, with a deep tones of juicy blue and black fruit, with some acidity that reminds of a cranberry, too. So, I’d say all three colors have made an appearance. All of the fruit and intensity pushes a long finish, too. This is not of the delicate camp, but one that is for the senses, making me pay attention. I like this vintage of Pisoni, and it will be one that I’d suggest be drank earlier. Some structure here but more about the pleasure of the fruit for me.
  • 2012 Pisoni Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (3/21/2019)
    Served blind, brought to the dinner by Jeff Pisoni, who joined us for some wine and conversation. To be transparent, we had no idea this was Jeff’s own wine, nor the Estate. I simply tasted it without any bias. Three years since I have drank this vintage of Estate and damn, this was good. Love the concentration and structure of what Jeff built in this vintage. Blue and red fruit, some suave tones and a clean berry finish. Really good vintage for Estate and glad I have two left in the cellar.

Posted from CellarTracker

First time trying to purchase allocation, logged in yesterday. All 2017 wines SOLD OUT. Do Pisoni offers usually sell-out this fast, or was 2017 an above average vintage in SLH?

Is Gary Pisoni still involved in the winemaking?

? The release date is Sept. 12, try to login then. :slight_smile:

Oops, the website showed the 17’ Gary’s vineyard wines sold out. I assumed that was the Estate.

Just curious, is their estate the flagship wine in their lineup?

Yup. Flagship Pinot of the entire New World for me…

What is the price per?

90 was the 2016 price. My guess is 90-95.

I’ve been on the list for 3 years but haven’t been offered the Estate Pinot yet, just Lucia’s, which are nice but not why I signed up. I’ve been buying the Estate on the secondary market for decent prices so not sure how much longer I will buy any Lucia. The Estate is also my favorite Pinot.

Took me about five years, I also bought on the secondary market during those times. Nothing wrong with the Lucias, they are great renditions of SLH SVDs like Garys’ that are just a touch below Pisoni in heirarchy.

Jeff has been the winemaker for quite sometime with Mark overseeing the vineyards. Gary is only involved on a somewhat limited basis from what I understand. However the quality of the wine still remains the same.

The allocations are available today. I put my order in already but flagging those for those who may want the heads up.

When Pisoni came to our sales meeting in 04 it was very amusing! He was mute on certain vines origin.

There is a good reason for that, a legal one.

Suitcase Clone X [whistle.gif] Purchased my allocation. Can’t wait to taste some when it arrives…FWIW, Dunnuck seemed to like it at 98 pts.

Yes, I heard the suitcase story.

Skunked…again. Probably a good thing, budget already tapped this Fall.

Hello all, anyone willing to give up or exchange a bottle of the estate pisoni for a west sonoma coast one? One most of the esoteric lists in this region In nyc area if this helps. Otherwise will buy on secondary.

In my experience, they sell out fast. I order as soon as I get an allocation notice. Have missed out on a few vintages.