Heritage Auction - Familiar Cellar Name

Received the Heritage Auction Catalog for the September Fine and Rare Auction - did a double take when I saw the Cellar attribution at the bottom of the cover.

https://wine.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=5437&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-Open-BrowseAuctionInfo-071713

I assume it is the same Mark G who frequently posts here. Nice collection of Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhone and Italian, but even a couple of bottles of Martinelli Jackass Zin at the end to get Mr. Alfert excited. Not sure the latter is one of Mark’s consignments, although no consigners other than Mark are referenced for the online-only section that lot is a part of.

In all sincerity, assuming it is the same Mark Golodetz, I hope this is a nice cellar thinning exercise and nothing more serious.

Cheers!

Steve

He mentioned in the Inventory Reduction thread:

"Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan
#474 Post by Mark Golodetz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:19 am

I think I may win this month. + 40 minus 7000 give or take. (Going to auction)."

So yes, I assume that’s him.

Yes it’s me. I will write more fully about it later today.

Couldn’t have at least thrown them up on Commerce corner for us to get some pre auction deals? I would have taken at least a six pack. [cheers.gif]

Jeepers…I thought I bought a lot of wine…

I thought he was called a “Distinguished English Gentleman”. Or should be, with that quantity.

Buy with confidence. My dealings with Mark have been exceptional. Over 2+ cases of gems.

Great stuff in the collection for auction. Good to know its from a Berserker’s cellar!

Well, there goes the wine budget for the rest of the year.

Are you debating between the 6L RSV or buying both the 5L and 6L Yquem? [berserker.gif]

Must resist… Must resist…

This is from the Heritage magazine, and explains why I am selling. Good photograph; a friend said it wasn’t airbrushed but airbroomed.

I always assumed you looked more Presidential

[wow.gif]

I was gonna bid on the ‘59 Haut Brion, but it blows my budget for the remainder of the year.

Mark, very nice article, I learned more about your background than I have from many dinners.

We’re out of the country during the auction, but I’ll do my best with absentee bids. Love the collection of '70s white burgs!

A few additional bits and pieces. I kept back a few wines which I will put on Commerce Corner. A lot of German wines, many from the 1970s and a few really good Barolos.

Heritage has been a pleasure to work with, and I recommend them highly. In addition to putting together what has proved to be a tough auction (plenty of small lots rather than full cases) they relished the challenge, as it is the kind of geeky collection they like.

Although most of the wine is from me, not all is. I am on an I phone, but there should be a catalog at the house, so I can quickly determine what is mine.

Finally they happily agreed to be part of my annual benefit dinner picking up the catering bills, so all the money will go to the charities. A really lovely and surprising gesture.

Sounds like a great experience so far. Will definitely be watching and possibly bidding…

Mark – what will you and the fam be drinking during the auction?

Thank you all. If any of you want an actual catalog, can you e mail me an address.

Probably Magdelaine.

An amazing collection. And it doesn’t get any better for provenance.
Another article:

I noticed there wasn’t any for sale [wow.gif] (first thing I looked for.)