TN: 2008 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Chambolle-Musigny

2008 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Chambolle-Musigny - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (9/1/2019)
Oh heavens yes, this is in a lovely place, with red fruit, soaring florals, earthy undertones and a long, long finish. It’s haunting and fascinating, gentle yet persistent. I consider myself lucky to have bought this on release, when pricing almost matched value. It’s a wonderful wine, with years to go, but yowza, current pricing is scary.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, have a 1er I’ve been wanting to check on, but will likely wait til age 20.

Yes. I have some of the 2008 Morey 1er, and will definitely be waiting for a good, long while.

Thanks for the note David. I’ve had a few of these over the years that I picked up from a local retailer a few years back for $125AUD each iirc. They’ve always drank very well and I’ve still got one in the cellar. I suspect I’ll give it another 5-10 but your note is prompting me to second guess that window!

And you’re right re the pricing. I just checkend and the '15 is available at retail down here for $400AUD. Insane.