TN: 2013 Limerick Lane Rocky Knoll Zinfandel

Day 1 this was solid with red fruits, spice, and the acidity all playing together with a nice balance and medium + bodied mouthfeel. Day 2, this went downhill substantially and was honestly not very enjoyable. I originally planned to age my LL zins for a bit as I felt they would gain some complexity and improve…but based upon this bottle and a handful of others recently (zins, blends, PS), I’m convinced that I enjoy them more within the first two to three years. They just seem to be a bit more ‘exciting’ early on, and for my tastes, dont seem to be benefiting from additional time in bottle. I’m going to make it a point to finish my 13’s by EOY, and 14’s by June 2020.

*edit for spelling error

[media] Rich Brown on Instagram: "This was in a good spot day 1 with fully integrated red fruits and enough acidity to keep it fresh. Day 2 it went down hill pretty substantially, so I'd say drink up! #wine #limericklanecellars #zinfandel" [/media]

Thanks for teh notes and insight on some of your experiences with the aging on the LL wines lately. I’ve always felt giving them some time they would benefit some.

Yep, I’m with you on that…which is why I’ve been kinda surprised how the 13’s have been showing, especially by day 2. I enjoyed this Rocky Knoll on day 1…but liked it more a year ago.

Thanks for the note. I’m sitting on some ‘15’s, so will start to check in on them sooner than later … maybe late this year or starting in 2020.

Drank my last 12’ and 13’ Rocky Knoll last November. This and Hail Mary are my two favorites from LL. I definitely feel the extended cellar time shows this wine off more.