Whats the Earliest White Burg PreMox?

Curious to what is the earliest premox you’ve experienced.

Bit player here, but I’ve been increasing buying lately which has led to now some short term aging. Wondering where the breaking point may start or if the curve drops off at some point?

Verger Bougros 1996 in 2002 for me.

Do you mean the earliest vintage, the earliest year it was tasted, or the most recent bottle that was premoxed? If it’s the last one, I had some 2015 Duroché bourgogne blanc this year that was premoxed.

G

generally 1995 though I had some 1990 Lafon Perrieres that oxidized in late 90s before I knew much about the issue.

1995 Mikulski Meursault Genevrieres was my first premox bottle.

1996 Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne took my premox virginity.

I think he means how quickly after vintage the wine poxed.

With regard to the first year experienced, it would be the entire range of Colin-Deleger 1995.

with regard to soonest after release, I wouldn’t know as I quit buying to age long ago–except Dauvissat Chablis. youngest of these premoxed would 2011’s (Forest).

Yeah, sorry for the poor wording on the title confusion. Was thinking about how soon after release are we in the danger zone and does the risk exponentially increase with additional age.

Maybe even a more Interesting question though as well as to what were the first reports on the possibility of issues.

For a couple of wines I have had from Fontaine-Gagnard and Jouard, not that many years.

1996 Ramonet Ruchottes was my first, youngest was 2005 Jadot Chevy Demoiselles in 2011.

2011 Michel Niellon Chevalier Montrachet -2 bottles in 2018

Don Cornwell’s annual tastings are 7 years after a vintage and sadly there have been several cases of premox at those nights.

2002 was the year I noticed an issue with some 1996s; I posted a query on the Squires’ board but the consensus was that there wasn’t an issue. I pretty much forgot about it but not too long after that Lou Deizel(sp?) posted that he’d definitely seen an abnormally high rate of premature oxidation in that vintage. The rest is history.

More than several, but have there been any closed with DIAM?

I think normally around 6 years from the vintage date is when the risk gets substantial. But you will have ones younger than that here and there.

I can’t remember specifically the youngest one. Probably 4 years old.

2005 Jean Louis Chavy Puligny Montrachet, moxed by *2006.
*A bit of a joke, but not by much.

2005 Thierry Matrot Meursault Perrieres was delicious on release. A year or so later was already showing distinct premox.

poster child for premox and therefore one of the least expensive MP for sale.