Friday poll: Bordeaux Rouge vs. Burgundy Rouge

If you could only have Bordeaux Rouge or Burgundy Rouge rest of your life, which would you pick?

• Bordeaux
  • Burgundy

0 voters

If you could only have Bordeaux Rouge or Burgundy Rouge rest of your life, which would you pick?

Côte Rôtie, with dinner from my favorite sushi place, Kobayashi Maru. [wink.gif]

Is this just red, or reds and whites? Pretty big difference there.

I will change it to red

We’re talking red Bordeaux and Burgundy of all quality levels or just basic “Bordeaux AOC” and “Bourgogne Rouge AOC”?

Whatever your heart desires.

Easy call for me, though I also really like Bordeaux :slight_smile:

It’s weird for me because I like cheap bordeaux better than cheap burgundy, but above that I’m burgundy all the way.

Well played.

I said Burgundy, but it wasn’t easy. Great Bordeaux hits higher heights in my price range. But, I mostly drink wine with food, and Pinot Noir pairs better with what I commonly eat, soooo…

2007 CdP. En magnum

But only for the sushi bar.

Neal, I always say we don’t drink together enough.

[flash=][/flash]

I always thought you were a BDX man.

who’s paying?

Money no option: Burgundy

I gotta pay: Bordeaux

I chose Burgundy, assuming that price has not disappeared as a consideration.

I think it outperforms Bordeaux at $50 and under with the right vintage. The value proposition can be awful in Burgundy at the higher price points but one can always pick and choose.

I’ve had far more great Bordeaux than Burgundy, but I voted for Burgundy… as per JLee, I voted assuming price was not a consideration. I drink a fair amount of relatively inexpensive red Burgundy. I drink less red Bordeaux in general, grew up on the stuff (from age 19), still love it, but a big factor here is age. For Bordeaux in good vintages, from top Bourgeois to super 2nds (and firsts when budget permits), I find peak at 20 - 50 years of age. Despite the multiple ‘black swans’ enjoyed by Francois Audouze, et al, I find most upper-mid level Burgundy peaks 10 - 20 years younger.

Dan Kravitz

What can I say, Bordeaux rouge seems to make me happy far more reliably than Burgundy rouge

But I’m sure my hit rate will go up with experience, cellar maturity, and an increased willingness to spend more [help.gif]

Seems 14 people clicked the wrong option accidentally

This.

Holding-off on voting, pending clarification.