Greer 2016

Release of the '750’s is this Wednesday; has anybody tasted? (Price, though not cheap, is holding firm.)

Haven’t cracked any of my 2015s so could use some more insight on 2016s to help pull the trigger, anyone? Is Aaron Pott still making the wine? Styled similar to the former Arsenal Greer? Thanks in advance.

What’s the price per? Still around $175?

Price per is still $175. Aaron Post is no longer the wine maker.

Who’s the winemaker for the 16 vintage? Website still says Pott

I’m pretty sure Aaron Pott is still the winemaker, unless something has changed very recently, which wouldn’t have affected the 2016.

Yes, Aaron is still the winemaker

Has anyone had this vintage?

I got the email last night, and am trying to decide what to do. If it wasn’t for VHR large format next week, as well as MacDonald and Memento Mori next month, I’d be a buyer.

I’m REALLY trying to be a good boy with my wine spending this year.

Some friends and I had dinner with Rob in May and he brought the '16 Greer, it was absolutely mind blowing. I’m adding a picture of the bottles we had, and Greer was WOTN by a margin.

Aaron Pott is still the winemaker. I would honestly get all the bottles you can get your hands on, that’s what I’m doing!

Well that’s convincing, thank you. A margin over the perfect 2007 Hillside, wow! Just curious, did you try the Maya or Hillside upon release??Instead of the one bottle of Harlan I was on the fence with, I think next week’s shopping spree is now pretty clear: One mag of VHR and three Greer.

Greer + 2016 = Yes

John, no, I never had those two upon release, always a lot later. Don’t get me wrong, Maya and HS were absolutely amazing, but that day, Greer just stood out and not just for me, but others as well, whose palates I really respect.

Had the 16 with Rob Greer a couple months ago…think it might be his best vintage thus far…but I also haven’t had a Greer yet that I didn’t think was excellent…love the Rutherford dust

My partner and I (and Rob) took down about two thirds of a bottle of 2016 in May at the barn. It was beautiful (as are all Greer’s I’ve ever had) and I would put the 2016 behind only two prior vintages: 2007 and 2008. I’ve previously tried all vintages except 2013.

If you get offered any - take it - age it - and enjoy it.

Cheers!

I had the 2016 Greer next to the 2015 MacDonald at ReddWood a month ago. Pop and pour for each, with a winery owner from the Stags Leap District. Consensus was MacD was just a small margin ahead of the Greer, but not by a lot. Which gives you an idea how good it is. Aaron told me a year ago the 2016 was the best Greer he made since the 2007. So if you’ve been a buyer, would not stop now.

Available only in three packs? First time
buyer next week. Had a ‘14 a couple months back and this wine is seriously tasty…

Had a 2013 Greer tonight…immediately open for business after a splash decant…rich and smooth…dark fruit and went down easy…a buyer forn2016 for sure.

In for a 3-pack.

These wines are exceptional and, while not cheap in absolute terms, on a relative basis attractively priced (in fact more so this year than recent prior vintages given Rob holding price vs. direction rest of the valley has been going each year).

Finally got an allocation this year [cheers.gif]

[winner.gif] If anyone in NYC doesn’t want all three or is willing to part with a bottle, I’d be happy to chip in for one.

Thanks.