VHR 2016 large-format release

Got an email for the Sept 5th release of the 2016 VHR large-formats. Any idea how much these go for?

last year $450 for 1.5 this year 750ml were $225 each so imagine the 1.5’s this year will be a little bit more than the $450 price tag

Did the 2016 750s already get released or is this just large format? Also got the email, new to the list

The 2016 750’s have been released.

In for a magnum, $500 each. Had 2 allocated.

Same here, two allocated. No brainer!

Good to see you buying wine again JP! Let’s get a dinner on the books and pop some corks…

Let’s do it, well overdue for a gents review. Btw, some interesting events this year for SD Wine&Food Fest https://www.sandiegowineclassic.com/tickets/#cbp=/all-days/

Sold out

Congratulations to Bruce and Heather Phillips on a fast sell out. Under 3 hours. Did get the offer and really wanted to grab one yet knowing myself would have taken the 2 allocated. Although I love the wine I seldom have occasion to open that big a bottle. Am happy to have gotten 6 of the 750s as that will serve me beautifully.

I knew to jump on this before they sold out. Glad I got one in the cellar. The magnum collection is growing nicely.

Is this one to hold for 20+ years or maybe 15+?

IMO. Good rule of thumb for Oakville 10-15 years bottles, mags 20+ years.

Have to give Bruce Phillips a lot of praise here, one of the good guys. I stepped away for lunch when the large format offer came out and when I returned to buy my 2 mags, the offer was sold out. I want to say it sold out in the first 2-3 hours of release. Anyways, my feedback of missing the release got back to Bruce and he offered me today 2 mags from his personal library. I am extremely humbled and grateful for what he did, he did not have to do that. Just one of the all-around great guys in Napa!

Agreed, they are genuine peeps

Similar story here, I forgot they were first come first served unlike the 750’s. So when I logged in they were sold out, but I wished for one thinking they might put a few aside for breakage or shipping issues. I saw a charge come thru a couple of days later on my Amex card and an email from Bruce telling me he took one out of his own library. I replied he didn’t need to do that, it what a heck of a gesture. Great people and great wine!

Along the same vein…Bruce did something very nice, unexpected and completely unnecessary for a family birthday celebration…one of the most thoughtful and nice guys I’ve ever met in any industry.

Anyone get their shipment notification yet this week? I had an email from them a few weeks back that said this week they would be delivered.

I did not order the large format, but I did get 2 3-packs of the 750s. They shipped yesterday

I got a shipment notification of my mags late last night east coast time.

Mine arrived last week in Los Angeles.