CT attorneys, interest in helping a winery collect

Taking a shot in the dark. Our former distributor in CT has stopped paying us on a $15k debt. Actually the debt is well over 2 years old and their feeble payments stopped over a year ago. I retained an attorney here in Oregon and today we got a judgment filed against them. I now need a CT based attorney to execute the judgment and go about exacting payment. Honestly I don’t expect to see this paid out but I sure as hell am not going to simply walk away from that money when their business is still functioning.

Anyone have the capacity or a recommendation for someone who doesn’t F around? Please let me know.

No idea, but thought it ironic that the ad shown when I opened that was for a lawyer!

Sounds like a wholesaler in Maryland many years ago. They stiffed people all over California . Good luck.

Jim, pm sent with a recommendation of someone who can either help you or should be able to point you in the right direction.

ironic that the ad shown when I opened that was for a lawyer

There is no irony in the modern world.

Nothing is left to chance anymore.

It was all planned many years ago.

Is there no “blacklisting” a distributor in the three tier system?

If a retailer misses a payment for one distributor they can be blacklisted and unable to order from any other distributor until that debt is payed.

In most states the distributors essentially own the legislators and effectively write the laws for their own benefit.

Yo,
I know dis guy…

No kidding. Here in NY it is absolutely appalling.

And there I was thinking you were looking for a Cellar Tracker lawyer…,.

That’s Option #2!

Jim;
I would take care of it for you gratis if it were in Ohio. That said, trying to levy a judgment from another state as against an incorporated entity is kind of a circle jerk for lack of a nicer description. The biggest hurdle is converting a judgment into motivation for payment. You probably know this already, but a judgment is nice to look at, but it does not get you paid. Attaching assets is the hard part.
Your best bet imho is to call the Bar Association for whichever major city is closest to this distributor and ask for a referral to a “commercial collections” lawyer. The local bar association is likely to give your three firm names.

Your best bet is to out them.

We had the same thing happen in Chicago, Las Vegas and NY. Bastards, never got paid.

David R. is a piece, alright.

Update: I have, through this site, a CT based attorney that has looked into stuff for us and is in contact with our Oregon attorney at present. When he fees like he’s properly brought up to date he will proceed. Every option is on the table as far as I am concerned. We shall see where we go from here. Hopefully we can at least create some delicious anguish on their end.

[wow.gif]

Post the court judgment, so that other business can learn via Google what a great distributor that firm is…or not.

Yeah, but my situation was with an partner of Wolfson. Dude by the name of Paul Jones.

Oops. :neutral_face: