Kosta Browne Single Vineyard Sept 4

The single vineyard is allocating September 4. I joined the list this year so I’m getting nothing.

Anyone else going for a few bottles?

Saving my money for Burgundy. Good stuff but their recent price increases have caused me to reflect.

Stopped buying the single vineyards a few years ago. Bought Aubert and Cirq instead. Still a buyer of their appellation wines

Does anyone know what the pricing will be for these?

$98 for the Pinot Noir (there’s a Chardonnay in the release as well).
$130 for 4-Barrel
$240 for magnums of the PNs.

Last year of Koplen, btw.

To answer OP’s question, yes, I’ll order a few, but probably fewer than past years. Trying to trim purchases and budget, and still have plenty of back vintages.

Stopped buying from KB. The price increases pushed me away.

Do they give you a chance to wish list? If so, not a bad chance you’d get some.

I’ve waffled on the margin of getting none or just 2-3 bottles of SVDs in recent years, due (a) to the prices and (b) not being sure if I really like them more than, or even as much as, the appellation bottles. I think I’m probably going to punt this time.

Chris,
I passed on the SVDs last year, so my offer this year is purely wish list.
Not sure if I’m going to bite or not.

No wish list when I checked this afternoon. Another wineberseker offered to share his allocation.

We recently got to drink some 2004s. I didn’t even realize there were 2004 KB wines! D’oh!

Kanzler and Koplan, I believe.

These were acquired from the winery and then tossed beneath a house in Mill Valley to lie undisturbed until their recent denouement at an in-law’s house. They truly had never seen the light of day or been moved a single inch.

I was amazed by how great they were - lots of dark fruit, ‘round flavors,’ still alive, no overt oxidative flavors. Everybody talks about ‘cola’ flavors, but not a big part of it, maybe a hint because I was looking for it. It kept me bullish on this winery, for sure!

Odd, I stopped buying from them about 8-9 years ago because of the price increases. When I got the email I click the link just to see the pricing, and I had a full allocation waiting for me. It’s always been good juice, but I don’t buy much of anything at that price point.

Will buy the St. Lucia highlands single vineyards and maybe gaps crown.

I’m passing on my allocation this year.

Hmmmm.

Just how readily do you pass on your STDs?

[cheers.gif]

I used to load up on them, but then the STDs got too expensive.