Favorite Vintners in Savoy?

With climate change, you can head north or head to the mountains. I’m looking to explore some great mountain wines from the Savoy region of France. Any favorites?

Lambert de Seyssel for traditional method sparkling wines. KL imports it.

Franck Peillot - Dressner import, Bugey. Southern tip of the Savoie. Always enjoy his Altesse.

Belluard and Peron are worth seeking out and trying.

RT

Thanks and perfect. The only thing I’ve tried was Domaine Dupasquier Altesse Roussette de Savoie Marestel–but it was wonderful and a screaming deal.

We have done well with Domaine Marc Portaz from North Berkley imports. I also like Rondeau Cerdon Bugey from Charles Neal selections.

Although Bugey wines are a great suggestion, they are not part of Savoie anymore!

Nevertheless, a place definitely worth a visit, since the easternmost vineyards of Bugey are only a stone’s throw away from the westernmost vineyards of Savoie.

I’m a big fan of wines from Apremont. Similar to Muscadet in terms of build and value but still out from the hipster eye. They are made from the Jacquère variety.

Three producers I’ve had very good wines from:

Marc Portaz
Jean Masson
R&B Bernard

I love both Curtet and Ardoisières!

Have seen very little but very much enjoyed Belluard.

On the bargain end of the spectrum, Garagiste brings in multiple bottlings from Domaine de L’Idylle. Most under $20, many under $15 (going from memory). The mondeuse-based reds are as enjoyable to me, in a very different style, as just about anything else out there at their price point.

Some years ago went through some stunning Altesse from Gilles Berlioz.

Have been told he no longer exports to the US (at least I can’t find it in Virginia).

These look great. Thanks!

des Côtes Rousses
Curtet
Trosset
Grisard (difficult)
Belluard
Péron

Another vote for Domaine de L’Idylle.

Domaine des Ardoisieres
Denis et Didier Berthollier
Chateau de la Mar
Jean-Claude Masson
Gilles Berlioz

Domaine des Ardoisieres is at the top of my list. I’ve liked everything that I’d had from them.

big +1 here from the couple of bottles I’ve tried

another + for Belluard. had one of their sparklers earlier this week. plus its $35 to boot!

Les Perles du Mont Blanc? Looking to have that one at the end of the month, the CT notes seem very promising for what I paid 20 € for.

thats the one. really enjoyed it. I tasted it a few weeks ago and when I heard the price my jaw almost hit the floor. I like it more than a lot of much more expensive sparkling wines from other areas