Even more preposterous...new Napa Cabernet

I’m sure a few of our resident ballers are already on the list, but this gave me a chuckle. The video (second link) is quite a production.

Whose buying this lol

It’s hilarious that the first way they describe their own wine is, "…an experience, not a taste. Chocolate, caramel, chewy in the mouth. Fire and char. Like the best cigar in the world, the rarest spice. It’s wild energy, a leopard.” Last time I checked, things like chocolate, caramel, and char are oak-imparted. Must be some expensive barrels! Fruit? Earth? Herbal flavors? Bah! Grapes provide those distracting things!

I imagine it’s like an oaky hybrid of tiger’s milk and sexual chocolate.
Based on the video, I’m guessing at least 40% of the pricing is due to the bottle.

60% of the time it’s good, every time.

You slip, stumble and fall into an alternate wine universe. You wake up after days of wandering, and realize it was all a dream. All you have left is this video.

Sounds like the marketing folks dictated to the winemakers what wins points.

Doubtful we will ever see an end to this phenomenon. Until people stop trying to out-douche each other, uneducated luxury-seekers will continue to believe that price (alone) is indicative of quality.

And let’s hope they continue to do so. That way they’re not driving the price of the good stuff up even further.

“It is not a taste, it is an experience” said the man with a cigar in his mouth.

What does experience taste like?

It tastes like marketing to millenials:

https://www.google.com/search?q=millennials+prefer+experiences&oq=millenials+prefer+e&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.6287j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Takes some stones to sell this wine in this way, that’s for sure

This is not like Patek. Haut Brion is like Patek. This is a diamond-encrusted Hublot Big Bang with an ETA movement (apologies to anyone on here who owns one)

If there’s any particular generation this person is marketing to it’s the boomers

Of course, the funny thing is that if an ‘average’ wine consumer got on here and saw how much folks were paying for some of the Napa Cabs that are popular or ‘up and coming’ here, they too would have a chuckle . . .

#perspective

You guys just don’t get it. This is a good thing. The more that stupid money gets sucked out of the retail chain by people with more money than brains who pay silly dollars for things we don’t want, the lower the price will be for the rest of the stuff because there will be fewer dollars chasing it. Otherwise, they might pay up for Tercero Rose just to get rid of money burning a hole in their pockets, and the rest of us couldn’t afford it.

For a while, there was a Twitter feed called “80s Don Draper” which was absolutely phenomenal, and this ad would have been right at home there (adjusted for the modern age, of course).

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar… but this is not that time.

I can already see the tasting notes here:

“We know life is all about good friends and sharing our love of wine. At a lunch with four ballers we opened 12 bottles of the heavy lumber, all priced above 2,500 dollars per bottle…”

Thank God I am not a current member. Now I won’t be randomly selected an allocation.

Dodged a bullet.

Brings new meaning to the term vanity project doesn’t it?

Somebody really loves themselves.