TN: 2013 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Dijon 115 Freedom Hill Vineyard - GREAT juice!

• 2013 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Dijon 115 Freedom Hill Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (8/27/2019)
    Spectacular juice. I’m familiar with Patricia Green Cellars mostly because of the two vintages of Berserkers’ Cuvee, which I love. This wine, however, is next level good, and a screaming bargain. Richer, fuller, more fruit-forward than most Oregon Pinots I’ve had, and the fruit is the perfect amount of ripe sweetness but balanced with a sharp acidity that cleans up after the cherry-pie-like fruit profile. Touch of sous bois on the nose, but really dominated overall by strawberry and blue fruits, like the palate.

Todd,

They just started selling their commemorative bottling of 2017 Pinot to remember Patricia Green on their webpage. While I haven’t tasted it yet, I’d have to imagine that given the meaning behind the bottling it’s going to be filled with the best juice possible from the vintage.

Todd, I first had the PG FH Dijon from 2012 and loved it as well. It really stared off medium weight and tart and willed out nicely over 2 hours. PG also makes a FH Pommard Clone and FH Koury Clone (my favorite) that are also excellent and priced somewhat reasonably. [cheers.gif] PS- we missed PG at Berserker Fest 2019… [cry.gif]

Sorry about that. I explained to Todd that we were not exiting stage right but that we had been under construction for 9+ months and our sales folks had been and still were operating out of a restaurant in downtown Newberg. I just felt like it was going to be an unfair ask of them to take on a super busy day in spaces and situations far from normal when they had been making due without much complaint for so long. Looking forward to 2020 now that we have returned to a level of normalcy.

Yeah, whatever, IF I invite you back… [snort.gif]

In the complaining spirit of WB - yeah, sure, it’s good stuff! Really like the 2013 PG FH D115! But man, those magnum bottles! I can’t fit my bottle into my magnum racking. [shrug.gif]

This one is a fave:

Delicate, interesting and long. A bit lighter than the '15 Pommard Freedom Hill, but no less worth drinking. A superior wine, well made; should continue to develop for some years.
Another bottle 5/6/18:
Very nice!
Opened 2/14/19:
Oh my goodness! Lightness, power, length and delicacy with subtle red fruits. This was just singing! I’m upping the score. Bravo to the PGC team!

• 2013 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Dijon 115 Freedom Hill Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (2/5/2016)
    (this includes two more drunk on 3/25/15 and 5/18-19/16)
    C: Deep clear red
    N: Hedgerows and roses
    P: Lean, but with a touch of richness that caresses the tongue. Long, elegant, pure and limpid. Very smooth. A velvety taste, neither too acid or fruity. Delicate, not as bright as the PGC Madrone. Beautiful balance. Sophisticated, reminiscent of Burgundy. Slightly drying finish.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dijon 115 Freedom Hill is easily my favourite Patricia Green. Every one I’ve had across every vintage has been dynamite.