2012 Jean-Claude Ramonet Pernand-Vergelesses Les Belles Filles

More and more I love Ramonet’s reds (of course I love their whites also). I thought it was just a budding love for red Chassagne Montrachet, but this was a fabulous wine. Absolutely beautiful sour cherry, spicy fruit with wonderfully fresh acidity (and I do not typically think of 2012 was a vintage for great acidity), this was not a big wine but it had plenty of fruit and was very seductive. This was really a pleasure to drink. My guess is that this wine will be “better” in five years sense that it likely will gain some complexity, but will it ever be more enjoyable to drink? Not sure.

I really like Ramonet’s reds Howard. Thanks for the note.

Thanks Howard. I share your love for the Ramonet reds. They are very special wines.

I’ve been lucky enough to taste some much older ramonet reds with a very generous friend and colleague. They age fantastically and are really beautiful.

My oldest is 2010 Boudriotte. Hopefully, they will get older, but not promising anything.

I had something from the early 70s and a 90 if memory serves. The first was about at its peak…

they’ll get older. The question is whether you will.

Wines that get drunk also tend not to get older.