TN: 2016 Becklyn Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2016 Becklyn Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (8/25/2019)
    This is beautiful. Ok. I’ll go a wee bit deeper.
    Color is intense and nose needs a bit of coaxing, but when you taste it you know it’s amazing. Deft, poised, focused and pure. The black/blue blue fruit profile shows coolness and precision. Black raspberry, Blackberrys and cardamom show wonderfully. The best part is the intricate textural experience this brings. Many layers delineated by the pretty black fruits I just told you about 20 seconds ago.
    Long and intense, this never rests on laurels, this goes all the way to home plate and makes you smile. Isn’t smiling what it’s all about?
    I have been in a cabernet rut lately. Lots of wines doing nothin for me. Glad I pulled this today. Rut over. This is beautiful but I am repeating myself now… (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I brought this to a Superbowl party earlier this year. For $65, why would anyone on this board pay more for other Napa wines? I include notable wines that are frequently mentioned on the board in that comment.

Haven’t had a ‘16 yet. Sounds terrific. I opened a ‘13 in June and thought it was in an awkward phase, with the acidity sticking out a lot.

Always one of the best under $100 cabs out there. Isn’t exactly readily available though is the challenge. I typically regret not buying more than I do every year.

We had a 2015 McGah SB for lunch. Very good wine.

I have not been able to keep my hands of the 2016, and am down to 5 left, so I’ll have to ration from here on out. It’s drinking so well right now, I don’t think anyone would regret popping a cork if you have a few back ups. A great tasting note Mike!! I have high hopes for 2017, and also am hopeful that the 2016 doesn’t shut down anytime soon.

Thanks for the note Mike! PNP? Or decant?

We PNPd one a few months ago. It was great, but I’ll decant the next for comparison.

I used my Coravin…twice. lol