Macario Montoya delivers the QPR: 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Educated Guess

A lot of you already know Macario from his Campesino wines. He’s also the winemaker for Roots Run Deep (which he began relatively recently, I believe). This one is a QPR winner, well-made and balanced. Just hit the shelves, and I do think it could sit for some short-term aging. Check it out! I got it for around $23 IIRC.

• 2017 Roots Run Deep Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Educated Guess - USA, California, North Coast (8/23/2019)
    P&P. Actually benefits from some air time. A nice foundation of slightly dusty red fruits, very soft tannins. Some attractive varietal characteristics. The whole package is nicely in balance, with no component being overbearing. A very good buy, likely could improve with short-term age.

Posted from CellarTracker

Macario has been there over a year now. Does a great job with everything he touches.

I love Campesino. I’ll check this out.

This is my frequent go-to wine-by-the-glass at many bars and restaurants.

I have not had many but they have been hits and misses over the past few vintages. I will have try the 2017 as I enjoy Macario’s Campesino.

Thanks for the support Nate. If your ever in Napa, shoot me a pm. We have some smaller lots for Educated Guess that I have been working on and would love to share them…

I’ve been a fan of Macario’s for years, and have enjoyed Educated Guess many times as one of VERY few ‘values’ for my cab-loving wife…yet I never know Macario made it, which is why I immediately put it back on my shopping list!