Wineries to visit around Calistoga CA

A group of 6 friends is planning to stay at Calistoga Ranch near Calistoga CA next month. From Google, I gather this sort of in the center of a triangle made up of Montelena, Pride and Robert Foley.

Any suggestions for good wineries they should visit, either easy to get into or hard (they have some connections that might help)? The ones they are planning to visit so far don’t sound very exciting to me. Say within a 45 minute drive.

Thanks!

Chateau Montelena
Stony Hill
Forman

Envy - email Leah and taste/buy some Carter/Quivet/Myriad, etc

There was a recent thread on this same topic:

1 Like

^^ This ^^

Give Tamber Bey a try. It is unique in the valley as it used to be a horse farm, and they still board horses there, so it has a different vibe. Beautiful property with a laid back tasting room inside, and they have nicely designed tasting and sitting areas outside as well. It’s not an intense tasting format, which is exactly what we were looking for when we visited. Nice people and we really liked the wines as well.

Mending Wall and Vincent Arroyo

Vincent Arroyo

1 Like

All great suggestions above!

Vincent Arroyo for sure.

Tom

^^That^^

+1 for Vincent Arroyo, warm up your shoulder before you get there. Rosie will wear you out throwing the tennis ball.
+1 for Envy/Carter. Had a fantastic tasting there in 2017 and went to Vincent Arroyo right after.

T-Vine, Brian Arden,Mending Wall

Vineyardist—. Small production, Mark Herold winemaker. http://www.thevineyardist.com/

Perliss — small production. Aaron Pott winemaker. http://www.perlissvineyards.com/

Add:

Davis Family for a wine and bites pairing. Good for reds and whites.

Give Aubert a call. I don’t know how hard or easy it is to get a tasting.

Mending Wall is truly worth a stop.

SwitchBack Ridge and Barlow

Not tasting at Aubert unless on list.

Hit Brasswood for lunch and get mozzarella appetizer. It’s legendary

Calistoga Ranch is one of my favorite places in the world. Have you been before? Haven’t been in several years but coincidentally was recently working on planning a trip for next year.

This — the mozzarella is amazing

Don’t look for it on the menu because it’s not there. Just ask for it.